Canadians Abroad October 22nd to October 28th

jordan

Max Crépeau and Russell Teibert both played 90mins for Vancouver Whitecaps in a 1-1 draw at San Jose. Crépeau made a great recovery to deny a 90th minute tap-in to Chris Wondolowski. Lucas Cavallini and Michael Baldisimo came on in the 63rd minute. Ryan Raposo came on at 85’.

Doneil Henry scores a goal, gets a yellow card, and goes 90mins in a 2-0W for Suwon Bluewings over Daegu FC. Suwon Bluewings finish the first phase in 6th and advance to Group A for the final 5 games of the season.

11 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Max Crépeau and Russell Teibert both played 90mins for Vancouver Whitecaps in a 1-1 draw at San Jose. Crépeau made a great recovery to deny a 90th minute tap-in to Chris Wondolowski. Lucas Cavallini and Michael Baldisimo came on in the 63rd minute. Ryan Raposo came on at 85’.

Doneil Henry scores a goal, gets a yellow card, and goes 90mins in a 2-0W for Suwon Bluewings over Daegu FC. Suwon Bluewings finish the first phase in 6th and advance to Group A for the final 5 games of the season.

So is Henry also going to be in the off-season come January? 

9 hours ago, narduch said:

Yes.

I am not sure how they will swing it, in Florida (maybe California better?) or in Vancouver, say, but an extra 10 days in January for the guys out of season would be great.

Technically, of course, all players are still subject to call-up limitations, so all those coming in early would have to get permission. But we could do a solid camp for the MLS guys, for those on winter break, that would be 8-10 players. And add our "taxi-squad" guys in support, even ask in some CPL guys to support training--you like to have two teams, even 3 keepers.

IMO they could do this in Vancouver, Herdman would have a chance to be at home and work with the team, it would also hype the potential US match at BC Place. Yes, the weather is not ideal, but it is not undoable. But probably it makes more sense to be in Florida/California, which gives you a short flight to your first match and acclimatises that game, vs. Honduras away, more specifically. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am not sure how they will swing it, in Florida (maybe California better?) or in Vancouver, say, but an extra 10 days in January for the guys out of season would be great.

Technically, of course, all players are still subject to call-up limitations, so all those coming in early would have to get permission. But we could do a solid camp for the MLS guys, for those on winter break, that would be 8-10 players. And add our "taxi-squad" guys in support, even ask in some CPL guys to support training--you like to have two teams, even 3 keepers.

IMO they could do this in Vancouver, Herdman would have a chance to be at home and work with the team, it would also hype the potential US match at BC Place. Yes, the weather is not ideal, but it is not undoable. But probably it makes more sense to be in Florida/California, which gives you a short flight to your first match and acclimatises that game, vs. Honduras away, more specifically. 

We really need to do something like this. The in season guys can join later.

I would even try to schedule a couple of friendlies. T+T or Guatemala would be decent options 

Edited by narduch

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Ukraine

De Rosario had the start for Rukh Lviv against Minaj. Came off in the 47th. Game is 1-1

His professional debut, I believe.

I know Canada youth teams don't play often anymore, but odd that the son of a CMNT legend hasn't spent any time with our youth set-up. Or has he? I can't find a profile.

Anyway, nice level to get started. The stadium looks very professional and the club seems to be mid-table safe.

21 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

His professional debut, I believe.

I know Canada youth teams don't play often anymore, but odd that the son of a CMNT legend hasn't spent any time with our youth set-up. Or has he? I can't find a profile.

Anyway, nice level to get started. The stadium looks very professional and the club seems to be mid-table safe.

He has never been in a national team camp of any age. He was in TFC’s academy before moving onto NYFC’s youth setup. He  signed in the Ukraine for 2021, making his first team debut today after having played for the reserves since the start of the season. He had previously gone on trial in Spain with Segunda side CD Lugo. 

Edited by Cblake

Italy - Primavera 2 - October 23 Damiano Pecile started and went the entire match for Venezia in a 1-1 draw with Cittadella.

Serbia - U19 - October 24 Tadija Vukas came on for the last 13 minutes for Brodarac in a 2-0 defeat vs Rad.

Portugal - U19 - October 23 SC Braga 2 Paços de Ferreira 1 Hugo Tavares started and went 90 for Paços.

Edited by Cblake

• jordan unpinned this topic