WCQ: Canada vs Panama - Wednesday, Oct 13, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

Based on Turkish media Larin’s full fitness is being assessed today. So I don’t think he’s going to be called in at this point. Not enough time and he hasn’t played or fully trained in 3 weeks. Cavallini is out too imo.  The only hope is that Junior can quickly recover from whatever he picked up, but it seems unlikely that he’ll be ready only 3 days after the injury.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Based on Turkish media Larin’s full fitness is being assessed today. So I don’t think he’s going to be called in at this point. Not enough time and he hasn’t played or fully trained in 3 weeks. Cavallini is out too imo.  The only hope is that Junior can quickly recover from whatever he picked up, but it seems unlikely that he’ll be ready only 3 days after the injury.

If thats the case ans Hoilett is still out, we 100% need tesho on a flight to toronto. 

David isnt a lone striker up top and is already going to be gassed. 

20 minutes ago, king1010 said:

If thats the case ans Hoilett is still out, we 100% need tesho on a flight to toronto. 

David isnt a lone striker up top and is already going to be gassed. 

Herdman's tactical flexibility should be praised but he should also be roasted over coals for his personnel decisions for calling in and not properly replacing injured players.

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Herdman's tactical flexibility should be praised but he should also be roasted over coals for his personnel decisions for calling in and not properly replacing injured players.

It almost feels like calling in Larin, Bjoran, Cav and Hutchinson was only to shut up the people complaining that the squad was too small. All 4 of those players were probably never going to be ready.

It is of some comfort to me to read about Panama's lack of rotation because our depth is going to be tested, David, Davies, Osorio, Kaye and Johnston all played almost full matches in altitude and then heat on a shit pitch, none of them should probably start regardless of what Herdman wants or how the players say they are feeling! I highly doubt Bayern would endorse Davies starting all 3 matches and the same would go for David at Lille, don't be surprised if both are out, Kaye has not been overly impressive to me and I can see Wotherspoon coming in for him, who knows with Osorio, he was anonymous last night and I'm sure he is wanting to start at BMO but he is probably gassed! Johnston is the one who possibly could play a 3rd match but is that necessary with ZBG in the fold? Buchanan coming back in takes some of the sting away if Davies in fact doesn't start, Stacko comes in for Osorio and as mentioned Wotherspoon and ZBG for Kaye and Johnston respectively, we better hope Junior is fit and ready to play because David will have to be replaced and there aren't many or any viable options!

3 minutes ago, gator said:

It is of some comfort to me to read about Panama's lack of rotation because our depth is going to be tested, David, Davies, Osorio, Kaye and Johnston all played almost full matches in altitude and then heat on a shit pitch, none of them should probably start regardless of what Herdman wants or how the players say they are feeling! I highly doubt Bayern would endorse Davies starting all 3 matches and the same would go for David at Lille, don't be surprised if both are out, Kaye has not been overly impressive to me and I can see Wotherspoon coming in for him, who knows with Osorio, he was anonymous last night and I'm sure he is wanting to start at BMO but he is probably gassed! Johnston is the one who possibly could play a 3rd match but is that necessary with ZBG in the fold? Buchanan coming back in takes some of the sting away if Davies in fact doesn't start, Stacko comes in for Osorio and as mentioned Wotherspoon and ZBG for Kaye and Johnston respectively, we better hope Junior is fit and ready to play because David will have to be replaced and there aren't many or any viable options!

For me the situation for Davies and David depends on external factors.  

For Davies, I think it is 100% dependant on whether or. It we have some sort of agreement with Bayern.  If we don’t, I think he is too important to sit.   Davies at 80-90% is still better than most of our guys.  And as Platt said in pregame last night (maybe postgame) if there is one window where we would petition Bayern to have him play all 3 games, it is this one.  

For David I think it just depends on who else is available.  If Hoilett and Larin are available, I think he would sit to start - even if their fitness isn’t perfect.  He could come on later but he hasn’t been effective offensively and has expended a lot of energy chasing players while pressing high. The only way I see him starting is if we are as depleted at the front as we were last night.   And if we are, I hope Herdman can see the folly of leaving us thin up top, swallow his pride, and call Tesho in for emergency cover.   

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

For me the situation for Davies and David depends on external factors.  

For Davies, I think it is 100% dependant on whether or. It we have some sort of agreement with Bayern.  If we don’t, I think he is too important to sit.   Davies at 80-90% is still better than most of our guys.  And as Platt said in pregame last night (maybe postgame) if there is one window where we would petition Bayern to have him play all 3 games, it is this one.  

He did say that in the post game, in fact both he and KJ I believe said they expected Davies and David to start, they both get paid to be ITK so maybe there is something to it, I personally would be surprised and am still really unsure how effective either would be at trying to break down a stout defence without being on top of their games! I totally agree with your point about Tesho, it is crazy he isn't in this side!

Edited by gator

50 minutes ago, gator said:

He did say that in the post game, in fact both he and KJ I believe said they expected Davies and David to start, they both get paid to be ITK so maybe there is something to it, I personally would be surprised and am still really unsure how effective either would be at trying to break down a stout defence without being on top of their games! I totally agree with your point about Tesho, it is crazy he isn't in this side!

I expect Davies and David to start too but I wouldn’t put too much into what they said post game. They seemed hesitant to say that they’d be starting. I think they kind of have to say they think they’ll start, otherwise OneSoccer, Canada Soccer might not be too happy with them as it could affect viewership/ticket sales.

I don’t think they’ll start both Davies and David on Wednesday.  If there is one player they might try to put out there to start is Osorio with perhaps Wotherspoon coming in again around 60 mins.  Would also be interesting if they run Johnson out there again; the kid must be gassed, but who would be his natural replacement?

1 hour ago, gator said:

I highly doubt Bayern would endorse Davies starting all 3 matches and the same would go for David at Lille

If there's a window where we tell those teams to shove it, it's this one. We are missing too many players, the magnitude of this game is too high and our next window is only two matches. 

Edit: provided both are healthy and want to start

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

1 minute ago, scullion44 said:

We expecting a fully sold out bmo? I’ll be really disappointed if it’s not.

I think 25K will would be a great number considering that the last 7K or so only went on sale this past weekend weekend. All that is available for the general public at this point are the high rows in the east upper deck, which at $57 are not going to jump out at the casual ticket buyer looking for a night out. It will be interesting to see though how many are moved in the next couple days leading up to kickoff. 

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

If there's a window where we tell those teams to shove it, it's this one. We are missing too many players, the magnitude of this game is too high and our next window is only two matches. 

Edit: provided both are healthy and want to start

I don't think there is ever a time to tell a clubs of that status to "shove it", nothing good would come of that moving forward, hopefully Herdman has  discussed this and there is a plan in place, I do agree this is a huge match and Davies and David if fit are needed!

24 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't think there is ever a time to tell a clubs of that status to "shove it", nothing good would come of that moving forward, hopefully Herdman has  discussed this and there is a plan in place, I do agree this is a huge match and Davies and David if fit are needed!

Obviously shove it was an exaggeration 😂 but the point stands that if there's a window where we push to have them play all 3 it's now

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Starting lineup I’d like to see: 

—————David—Buchanan—

———————Osorio———

————Kaye—Eustaquio————

Davies—————————Laryea

———Miller—Vitoria—Henry—

————-Crepeau——————-

I’d love a lineup with Laryea and Davies on the same side. They were fantastic vs Mexico together on the left side.

10 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Starting lineup I’d like to see: 

—————David—Buchanan—

———————Osorio———

————Kaye—Eustaquio————

Davies—————————Laryea

———Miller—Vitoria—Henry—

————-Crepeau——————-

I expect Wotherspoon to slot into the midfield for Oso or Kaye. 

3 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I expect Wotherspoon to slot into the midfield for Oso or Kaye. 

Has Spoony started a game for us in the Octo or GC? Unless there are injuries or real fatigue issues with Kaye and Oso, I think both start.. especially Oso  at BMO. This game may not be a "must win", but with Panama now ahead of us in points, it sure comes close to a "must win".