Match Thread: October 6, 2021 - HFX Wanderers v Forge

narduch

Just got in.   Not the sweetest of goals was it?

Funny league, you've got these outstanding pitched at Spruce Meadows and the Grounds which must be an absolute delight to play on and then.... some other turf around the rest of the league where the surfaces aren't so charming.

Just got back from the grounds. Seemed to me like a woeful effort in a big home match where points were needed. I didn't get a good look at the goal in the stands but looked pretty weak from what I saw will have to see the replay.

I felt the Wanderers lack of ability to get much going was really draining the crowd. I will say fans seemed dismayed by the referee in this one - I usually don't complain about the officiating but even for me this seemed one sided in a big way.

Something to me just feels wrong here. Maybe just an off night? Maybe something Deeper? Hard to say but I dont like this feeling.

1 hour ago, Terry_Canuck said:

It looked like the Salter 'penalty' ask was a blatant dive but I wasn't at the game...thoughts anyone?

Still, first loss in 11 so not too bad.

Actually Salter going down looked legit to me. I was in the kitchen behind the goal so I was fairly close and had a decent real time view. That being said I was at that point praying for a penalty so my mind may have been telling my eyes what it wanted to see   lol. In real time Salters actually looked like more of a foul then Morelli going down. 

I think I'm more irritated about giving up the goal as compared to the dive but it's still all to play for in terms of the last playoff spot.

Both teams now have 6 games left with York still to play Forge (twice), Pacific, and Cavalry in those 6 games and the Wanderers have the same.  Both also have 3 home and away games.  Based on that I think whomever gets to 40 points will make it though 38 or 39 seems most realistic.

Edited by Terry_Canuck

10 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

I think I'm more irritated about giving up the goal as compared to the dive but it's still all to play for in terms of the last playoff spot.

Both teams now have 6 games left with York still to play Forge (twice), Pacific, and Cavalry in those 6 games and the Wanderers have the same.  Both also have 3 home and away games.  Based on that I think whomever gets to 40 points will make it though 38 or 39 seems most realistic.

Don't forget they both have to play Ottawa, their bogey team.  😉

I'm actually OK with playing Ottawa, we haven't done too bad against them but I do admit they will be a tough nut to crack for any team down the stretch.

The Wanderers may get a weary Forge team due to their Cup obligations and then Valour away is winnable as well.  I think it may come down to the last set of games...maybe a freak snowstorm at York Lions Stadium in November to settle things eh?

Edited by Terry_Canuck