BC Soccer officially launches League1 British Columbia

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Is the plan to start next year?

They should have a Cup competition early in the season to pick a Voyageurs Cup rep

No, all teams in all the regional leagues should enter the VCup in the first round and bring in the CanPL and MLS teams into the draw in the second round. :)

36 minutes ago, ted said:

No, all teams in all the regional leagues should enter the VCup in the first round and bring in the CanPL and MLS teams into the draw in the second round. :)

A 40 team V Cup is what I envision similar to what the US Open Cup was before it greatly expanded. 

June 14 First Round 32 Teams
June 21 Second Round 16 Team
June 28 Third Round 3 MLS, 5 CPL clubs enter, 8 2nd winners
July 12 Quarterfinals 8 Teams
August 30 Semifinals 4 teams
October 4 Final

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

A 40 team V Cup is what I envision similar to what the US Open Cup was before it greatly expanded. 

October 4 Final

So are the other 3 CPL teams entering in the first round in your scenario?

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

So are the other 3 CPL teams entering in the first round in your scenario?

Initially yes, or you could add some sort of preliminary round, so the other three could enter in the second round. Or you could just give them byes to the second round. Really depends on how many D3 teams you have. Also the earl rounds would be completely regional in setup. In the final year of the 40 team format for the US Open Cup only 8 of the 15 US based  MLS teams qualified for it. 

23 hours ago, Cblake said:

October 4 Final

I think this makes sense, and really boosts the competition. You get every semi-pro team in Canada involved, it's a dream scenario.

Since it is hard to get everything to fit, if you have to you just allow for a bye in the first round, or second, based on a draw. 

Essentially what you are saying is that Mountain United FC in Burnaby (to give a likely example) starts in the first round, and is automatically connected to a tiered structure that potentially could take them to the Concacaf Champions League. What that means for players, for clubs, for our overall professionalilsm, is extraordinary. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think this makes sense, and really boosts the competition. You get every semi-pro team in Canada involved, it's a dream scenario.

Since it is hard to get everything to fit, if you have to you just allow for a bye in the first round, or second, based on a draw. 

Essentially what you are saying is that Mountain United FC in Burnaby (to give a likely example) starts in the first round, and is automatically connected to a tiered structure that potentially could take them to the Concacaf Champions League. What that means for players, for clubs, for our overall professionalilsm, is extraordinary. 

Absolutely, in my eyes it really boosts the tournament and gives the semi-pro/amateur teams something to shoot for. As a wrote , the first 2 rounds would be essentially be a regional play down with a few of the CPL teams involved with the top 8 coming in for the 3rd. 

I like it with the exception of the 5 CPL + 3 MLS in the third round thing. I think CPL and MLS should be treated equally in this tournament, and I want all 8 CPL teams involved. But I am definitely in for allowing all of L1O, PLSQ, and L1BC (or whatever it is called) into the tournament in some form or another. Even if the 11 pro teams get a buy to the round of 16, and it's the tier 3 teams duking it out in earlier rounds to join that round of 16. I'm also OK with just a straight up random draw, all teams enter in the first or 2nd round. I just want to see more teams, and equality among the two tier 1 leagues. Those are my requests.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I like it with the exception of the 5 CPL + 3 MLS in the third round thing. I think CPL and MLS should be treated equally in this tournament, and I want all 8 CPL teams involved. But I am definitely in for allowing all of L1O, PLSQ, and L1BC (or whatever it is called) into the tournament in some form or another. Even if the 11 pro teams get a buy to the round of 16, and it's the tier 3 teams duking it out in earlier rounds to join that round of 16. I'm also OK with just a straight up random draw, all teams enter in the first or 2nd round. I just want to see more teams, and equality among the two tier 1 leagues. Those are my requests.

All eight CPL teams or however many teams there are in the future as the league grows will all qualify for the tournament each and every year. It is just a question of slotting them in. In the 40 team format only eight MLS teams even qualified. Even in England the Premier League teams come in at different rounds for example in the EFL Cup. I want it to be a straight up play down while also realizing that there will have to be some regional consideration given, especially in the early rounds. Once you are at the QF stage you can do away with the regional aspect of things, with some the CSA setting aside some cash if we lower division team were to make it and had to travel. 

Also you have to decide how far a net you want to cast when it comes the D3, Amateur teams.