WCQ: Mexico vs Canada - Thursday, Oct 7, 9:40pm Eastern / 6:40pm Pacific - Mexico City

12 minutes ago, saintjoes said:

Great to see some Mexican journalists noting Canada's world class attackers.. saying their defense is in for trouble. A proud read:

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/concacaf-mundial-eliminatorias/mexico-vs-canada-alphonso-davies-jonathan-david-cyle-larin-figuras-canada

Absolutely, can not see how anyone regardless of where they are from would think of Phonzie as anything less than World Class. Looking forward seeing him and Jonathan up front on Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Freeze at 29 seconds - is that Pasher sitting next to Millar?

I think that's Cristian Campagna, a 19 year old CB currently with the Whitecaps U23 team. He has been invited to the last few senior national team camps as a training player, I remember seeing him sitting on the sidelines during the US game last window.

56 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I think that's Cristian Campagna, a 19 year old CB currently with the Whitecaps U23 team. He has been invited to the last few senior national team camps as a training player, I remember seeing him sitting on the sidelines during the US game last window.

Older brother of Matteo ?

also is Araujo with the Mexicans ? He did switch… recruiting the duals was huge for them to secure their future, Flores, Araujo, Gonzalez and Alzarez are going to be key pieces, I’m really surprised they didn’t get Pepsi, that is a big loss for them but to be fair he doesn’t seem to have so much competition at striker with the USA.

7 hours ago, VinceA said:

Watched some Mexican soccer previews for the game and while the Mexicans are confident against Canada (As the should be) they all seem to agree that Davies is the best in CONCACAF and that if Mexico run into problems it will be because of him.

Yes, also watched some. Confident in their attack since they have guys on form, but aware how they've had problems scoring. Not sure about their back line, and nervous we might expose it. 

Some pundits pull out the brazen confidence of Azteca, others recall they lost 2 finals this summer. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Just watched the little teaser video and now feeling very pumped for this match. Planning to get up at 2:40am local time to watch. Let’s hope it’s a good one. 

I should be up an hour later than that--I am not always able to pull it off. 

Too bad it is not earlier, if it was even 11pm it'd be in bars here full of Mexicans and at least I'd have a good time. 

My experience is that Mexican fans are pretty chill, maybe because they've almost always done what they have to do, they reach their potential almost always--though never go well beyond it. Considering the teams in the world that have played semi finals of the WC, it is odd they've never gotten past quarter finals. So when I've coincided with them they tend to be rather acceptant of what comes their way, and even slight underachievement does not get them overly nervous.

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Older brother of Matteo ?

also is Araujo with the Mexicans ? He did switch… recruiting the duals was huge for them to secure their future, Flores, Araujo, Gonzalez and Alzarez are going to be key pieces, I’m really surprised they didn’t get Pepsi, that is a big loss for them but to be fair he doesn’t seem to have so much competition at striker with the USA.

Yes, Cristian is Matteo's older brother.

As for Araujo, he has officially switched to Mexico, but is not in their squad for this window.

I should also note that it doesn't appear that "almost" sold out section appear in baby blue like in some other stadiums. That said there are more tickets bought than it appears on the previous imagine I posted. For example, this picture is sections 535-539 of the Canada game that are dark blue.  CANADA.jpg.d2414fb9b6d5b06c6956a080d5d36b0f.jpg