Match Thread: September 29, 2021 - Valour v Pacific

narduch

Bare with me.  Had a full 24 hours to calm the emotions yet still....

RANT ALERT.

Think we have an idea of what the floor is for Valour in the stands.  Early kickoff, midweek fixture and a Jets home date.  Would guess low/mid 2,000.  Have to say my section, though sparse, is slowly looking better.  So not the worst crowd but have to say on a night when it all felt very "flat" the crowd grew into it and is getting more involved in every section with each passing match.  Maybe that is all just hopeful desperation by the fans, it's still great though!  And a saving grace, an important saving grace for what is a losing side.  And this is a losing side.

Because this lot would do well to win another match this year.  I shit you not.

There is a lot of negative body language by a lot of Valour players out there.  To my eye anyway and no one is expecting any further signings this year that will improve the esprit de corps.  This bunch right here, they-are-it.  And I'm a-feard its going to get worse before it gets better because too many of them already look broken.

It's one thing to recognize you can't out score an opponent.  It's another thing to play scared.  And while often the difference between the two can be measured in fractions its there to be seen, by you, me and everyone else.   And the players on Pacific were delighted in what they saw yesterday and played accordingly.

Too long .   Just to clarify, me & mine are in this comic tragidy until the end, just....  9... more,,,. matches....to go.  We're made of stern stuff.  Life long Canadas and I came up following Celtic in an age which was all Rangers so, yeah.  You can't hurt us!  Well, not too not badly.    

B.B. (Baby Brother) has my permissioin to put this up in the team locker room, you know, for inspiration if he thinks it will help.  

P.S.  50/50 on the chant of the night out of The Trench.  "You're no Bustos!" directed at the souless ginger, Bassett or the "We lose every week.  You're nothing special, we lose every week." which saw out the night. 

P.S.S.  First round is on me if ever I find William Akio at a pub/louge.  He's not alone in being exempted from the criticisms above but he is continueing to do a lot of thankless work out there even if it's not appreciated/exploited by his teammates.  Tough sledding, son. 

I hear you Cheeta.  I convinced a few guys on my hockey team to come to a match on Oct. 5th.  We purchased the tickets about 2 months ago, and I was telling the guys that Valour look different this year and are much better, but now I’m afraid it’s going to be an uninspired drubbing.

10 hours ago, Weng said:

I hear you Cheeta.  I convinced a few guys on my hockey team to come to a match on Oct. 5th.  We purchased the tickets about 2 months ago, and I was telling the guys that Valour look different this year and are much better, but now I’m afraid it’s going to be an uninspired drubbing.

LOL.   Cavalry.  

Lovely.