Match Thread: September 25, 2021 - Forge v Pacific

narduch

What a game!

31 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I'd really like to see player data published for this league. Specifically, I'm curious who is getting what on Forge and how they manage to stay under the cap, and by how much teams like Valour and Edmonton are under-spending the cap.

Another reason why I keep thinking the league should raise the cap more aggressively.

It's obvious that not all clubs will spend against the cap, let the clubs with the means of their ambitions spend.

I was there, thought it was a good game, really entertaining. Was concerned that Forge might sit back as they play on Tuesday, but they went for it. Was a good battle, reminiscent of games against Cavalry in 2019. Forge's lack of centre-mid subs is a little concerning, but Jonsson, Bekker and Cisse have stayed healthy so far.

That was the most  entertaining match I have been to at THF this season, Forge started well and maybe should have been two up but a much deserved equalizer changed the match! Once Pacific settled into the match their quality showed and they took control  for long stretches, the attacking subs Forge brought on changed the flow of the match again, the winner was a very well worked goal with Browne scoring on his debut! I think this was one of the best quality matches I have seen at THF and is a compliment to how far the league has come!

21 hours ago, Big_M said:

forge takes..pacific think youre the top team?? bobby says easy there

Yeah Bobby has had our number all along, and we have to take points where we can get them. I had people around here telling me not to worry about dropping what should have been easy points against Ottawa but with Forge having two games in hand and now a points difference of only 5 points...