Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-Final - Toronto FC v Pacific - Date, Location and Time TBA

As a totally biased person ;) I think PFC should get home-field advantage for sporting and business reasons.

Sporting: the mismatch in "quality" measured in salary dollars and experience of TFC should be slightly evened out by whatever we can get on the pitch from being on our home field.

Business: I guarantee we will put more people in the stands than TFC did last night and provide an atmosphere that is far more attractive to TV coverage.

Hopefully we are lucky in the coin toss. LOL

13 minutes ago, ted said:

As a totally biased person ;) I think PFC should get home-field advantage for sporting and business reasons.

Sporting: the mismatch in "quality" measured in salary dollars and experience of TFC should be slightly evened out by whatever we can get on the pitch from being on our home field.

Business: I guarantee we will put more people in the stands than TFC did last night and provide an atmosphere that is far more attractive to TV coverage.

Hopefully we are lucky in the coin toss. LOL

I would say under normal circumstances TFC should be the host as they would get at least 15-20K for this match, but with TFC being so awful and interest in the club next to nil at this point, their is merit in it being played out west. The question now is when will this match actually be played? 

Play it at Starlight. It'd be more interesting there.

Although playing on October 6th would force TFC to play without their internationals (Osorio, Laryea, Soteldo, Zavaleta ;)) so maybe a compromise is made allowing Toronto to host. I don't envy the schedule makers for this round, with three of the four teams already committed to play elsewhere.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Play it at Starlight. It'd be more interesting there.

Although playing on October 6th would force TFC to play without their internationals (Osorio, Laryea, Soteldo, Zavaleta ;)) so maybe a compromise is made allowing Toronto to host. I don't envy the schedule makers for this round, with three of the four teams already committed to play elsewhere.

Apparently everything for it is being announced tomorrow, will be interesting to see what they have in store. For instance if TFC vs to play Forge in the Final , it would be hosted at Tim Horton's Field and the notion of still trying to make up the 2020 Final would once and for all be laid to rest.