Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - Cavalry v Pacific - September 22, 2021

6 minutes ago, nolando said:

Watched the last half hour after coaching tonight. Good tense finish. Well done, Pacific!

Will be interesting to see them take on TFC. The Canadian Championship is all the Reds have to play for in 2021 and will be focused on returning to Champions League. 

Were there Pacific fans there last night? Just wondering from the sound of the goal celebration--or was that just the PFC bench?

Campbell's finishing, and play in general, is quite mature, I am glad he is getting back his first year form. Still think he'd be a good catch for a transfer up, say to the a Scandinavian 2nd tier.

49 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Wish I'd watched, too late for me. 

Fantastic team performance once again. I think the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.

At this stage I'd rather see short term loans in the offseason for some of our players like Campbell, Hoja, Chung than transfers. Find out what level we're at before sending players off permanently. 

9 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Fantastic team performance once again. I think the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.

At this stage I'd rather see short term loans in the offseason for some of our players like Campbell, Hoja, Chung than transfers. Find out what level we're at before sending players off permanently. 

Problem is our off-season does not really fit naturally with other leagues' needs. A loan from the winter transfer window to March, does not seem so useful. Last season was different.

As I see it, you have to let the young guys go  as they have to have the chance to try to test their careers. 

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Were there Pacific fans there last night? Just wondering from the sound of the goal celebration--or was that just the PFC bench?

Campbell's finishing, and play in general, is quite mature, I am glad he is getting back his first year form. Still think he'd be a good catch for a transfer up, say to the a Scandinavian 2nd tier.

There was a contingent of PFC fans in the main stand. Pretty vocal and pretty happy with the result. Credit to them making the trip in these times.