Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - HFX Wanderers v CF Montreal - September 22, 2021

Couldn't really lose tonight, soft spot for both these teams but...it's always easy to cheer for the underdog.

Unforced errors just burn my ass, and Wanderers had waaay too many of those in what I saw of that 2nd half.  Ug.

Two sharp goals to see the match out all the same.  Questions about defending besides.  Good strikes both.

Just got back from Wanderers Grounds what a special night for sure. Standing room under the kitchen behind the goal was 5 people deep. Wanderers had no business being level into the 89'th minute. Still the one for MTL to go ahead was heartbreaking. Montreal was a level above for sure - however we hung tough. Was a night I will remember for a long time though - unbelievable atmosphere that only happens. BTW i'm claiming we have top CPL TIFO to date. No? 

TIFO.jpg

Miljevic's first minutes for Montreal and could have had 3 in the 45 minutes he did play as he scuffed one from a few yards out and hit the woodwork on another occasion. 

Talba also gets his first minutes this year after a long absence due to injury. 

Montreal's depth chart is expanding. On the negative side Maciel was just awful and not just his giveaway to set up Bent but throughout the night.