2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

On 9/16/2021 at 4:41 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

Ridiculous decision. The 01s and 02s already missed out on their U20 cycle due to COVID and now this...

I am never a fan of anything that limits opportunities when they do not have too. They would basically negate some age groups from ever seeing the field in some meaningful competition. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Crap.  I was really hoping we'd qualify for this.  Now I'm a lot more pessimistic.

Not sure what Olivieri did to justify this promotion.

@SpecialKis going to blow a gasket 😁. Too bad Eric Tenllado wasn't tasked with the U20s for the summer qualifiers at least. The CMNT will hopefully be done with WCQ. Unfortunate as we may have a very good squad if all accept

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

For the uninformed, what's the issue with him?

He is not a good coach.  He qualified the U17s by having the easiest of draws but then we crashed out of the World Cup with losses to Brazil, Angola and New Zealand.  The U20s were even worse, losing to Saint Kitts and Nevis during qualifying.

His tactics consist of:

1) Run a lot and,

2) Kick and chase.

He ran Nelson into the ground with the U17s as all they would do would be kick it up and hope he can chase it down.  He had Habibullah, Colyn (for qualifiers) and Priso and still everything was terribly predictable.  Those games were embarrassing to watch.

8 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

He is not a good coach.  He qualified the U17s by having the easiest of draws but then we crashed out of the World Cup with losses to Brazil, Angola and New Zealand.  The U20s were even worse, losing to Saint Kitts and Nevis during qualifying.

His tactics consist of:

1) Run a lot and,

2) Kick and chase.

He ran Nelson into the ground with the U17s as all they would do would be kick it up and hope he can chase it down.  He had Habibullah, Colyn (for qualifiers) and Priso and still everything was terribly predictable.  Those games were embarrassing to watch.

Sounds promising

4 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

For the uninformed, what's the issue with him?

↓ ↓ ↓

On 9/20/2020 at 2:59 PM, SpecialK said:

The Peter Griffin of Canadian soccer - fat kiss ass amateur idiot! I do give him Credit though, for a fat tall guy can get pretty low to the ground to kiss the English Hobbit’s ass. 

F8266E67-9D4C-4AA6-9621-44C8B18F9E89.jpeg

9D701BD1-CB27-4845-97E5-F6C9125FEC0B.jpeg

B6A5D63B-0D47-495C-BA9B-1A6E61C82A82.jpeg

Now the coach of our U15s, U17s & U20s! :(

It looks like Olivieri got the present he asked Santa for!

peter griffin giggle GIF by HULU

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

IM CRYING

On 3/24/2019 at 12:47 AM, SpecialK said:

I love how no one will ask herdman about the epic failure at the U20s and why no one was fired over it. The media just loves to kiss this man ass! They don’t even test him.

No questions : about lack of friendlies - yet every major CONCACF team is booking them- no question  about the u20s failure and how that fat dumbass is still around and now going to lead the U17s- no updates on Trying to bring in Ferreira and Tomori - no updates on U23s ??? When the USA is already playing games. No questions about other players like Cavallini who has 10 goals in 31 games ( all games in Total) in Mexico this year. 

I love Davies and he’s amazing!!! But herdman and media are just focusing on him and it’s sad. David , Cavallini , Borjan and other’s are having an amazing year. Canada is much more than one young superstar who is a sub on Bayern Munich ( that’s not a shot just stating fact )

On 9/6/2020 at 1:30 AM, SpecialK said:

I don’t know care, they were born here and should celebrated. Also they both should have the Canadian coaching jobs! At the Senior level and U23. I really like Mauro Biello so he could stay in the mix maybe U20, man they need to fire that fat piece of shit Andrew Olivieri. That guy is what’s wrong with Canada Soccer right here ! A useless, not qualified, hasnt won a damn thing, amateur , Frodo Herdman’s yes man! I don’t know what’s worse Floro’s son coaching the U23 or this fat clown ! 

On 9/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, SpecialK said:

The CSA hiring Herman’s  fat ass clown amateur friend to coach the youth teams doesn’t help and show we are taking our youth teams seriously! Also having a MLS Academy quota for youth teams doesn’t help either. Look at Ben Paton the guy has been a solid player for Blackburn and doesn’t  get invite ! 20 year old has played over 40 games. Not even called. Well both Paton brother’s have been screwed pretty hard. there was a bunch of European based players got looked over in the past. 

On 9/20/2020 at 2:59 PM, SpecialK said:

The Peter Griffin of Canadian soccer - fat kiss ass amateur idiot! I do give him Credit though, for a fat tall guy can get pretty low to the ground to kiss the English Hobbit’s ass. 

F8266E67-9D4C-4AA6-9621-44C8B18F9E89.jpeg

9D701BD1-CB27-4845-97E5-F6C9125FEC0B.jpeg

B6A5D63B-0D47-495C-BA9B-1A6E61C82A82.jpeg

On 3/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, SpecialK said:

If that Peter Griffin fat idiot is there assisting this team or the senior or manager of any national team again I swear.... Herdman better have security around him. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:10 PM, SpecialK said:

Speaking of wannabe coaches, I didn’t see Jason de Vos or Andrew Olivieri AKA the CSA Peter Griffin During this whole group round. Maybe the CSA finally did the right thing and send them both packing.

12 minutes ago, Big_M said:

IM CRYING

@SpecialK went deep, Deep, DEEP underground as soon as we started mixing it with the USA and Mexico on equal footing in the Ocho and his constant anti-Herdman ramblings began looking increasingly unhinged. Perhaps he'll be back to rant against his No 2 bogeyman. 😄 

And, for the record, the above digs should not be taken as any kind of endorsement of Andrew Olivieri. I have no opinion on him, whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

To be fair, @Big_Mhad a bit of time on his hands there too.

As I must, given my posts.

But since I maybe wasn't reading right: which Hobbit is he again?

If I'm reading this all correctly, I think Herdman is Frodo and Olivieri is his sidekick Sam.

Edited by Pottsy3
said the wrong fucking hobbit