Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - Forge v Valour - September 15, 2021

GAWD DAMIT.

You're not going to win shit playing only 1 half.  That's no great discovery.  That "theroy" is as old as Netwton's theroy on gravity, 1687.  Try to keep up, lads.   

Minor cardiac moment with Ricci there.  Hoooo boy.  

Someone explain to me again how Henry is on that team. 

In truth not really feeling like Gale & Co. put stock into this match.  Silva put to work.  Certainly pulled his weight tonight.  Certainly needed to.

Might be exactly the sort of test Forge needed at this point.  Bit of work but never any doubt about the outcome if they wanted to put the effort in.  

Having a hard time seeing a way forward for Gale after this season.  To be fair he's been handicapped by Valour's structure but that doesn't change matters.  

That was a nice evening down at the stadium, it was a good match which opened up nicely, Henry gave Valour a life line with another completely idiotic balls up, I don't care how good of a shot stopper you are these unforced errors can kill a team hence the nervy end! Forge get 6 days off now before the Concacaf match which I'm really looking forward to, hopefully some players return to fitness and Welshman integrates quickly with the team again!

I'll say this, and I'm sure even Valour fans will agree with me on this one, but that ref must be nearly ready to start reffing CONCACAF games, because the officiating in that game was awful.

Tons of slow calls, inconsistent calls, the complete lack of bookings through a very chippy game, the handball goal, crashing the net on Henry, the push on on Welshman in the box near the end, the last challenge non-call at the end, 

Triston Henry is the goalkeeper’s version of Doneil Henry. Does everything right 90% of the time, but that missing 10% is often a big mistake that is brutally punished.

Pacius continues to look like a stud and Welshman was strong on the ball in his limited minutes.

Great night in the stadium. It feels more “home-y” every game. The drum line finally moved out of 118, but still… is it too late for the club to get a refund on that?