Max Ferrari

Bdog

Winger for York United

Born Aug 20, 2000, from Newmarket, Ontario. As of this post, he has started all 17 games so far this season and has 2 goals, 4 assists this season.

He recently signed a contract extension until 2024, more details in this article. https://yorkunitedfc.canpl.ca/article/max-ferrari-signs-contract-extension-until-2024

He has improved so far over the season and looks like he might be a pretty good prospect for the CPL.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I think he’s gone at seasons end, along with Abzi and Wright.

I doubt you lose all of them, unless the league gets absolutely raided this year. There's no precedent for that yet though. Pacific have been able to keep players like Chung, Campbell, Hojabrpour for 3 season now, even though they've been very good CPL players at a similar age. Once Verhoeven and Verhoven aged out of the U21 rule they had to find new homes in CPL though. There just doesn't seem to be much of a market for CPL players yet.

50 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I doubt you lose all of them, unless the league gets absolutely raided this year. There's no precedent for that yet though. Pacific have been able to keep players like Chung, Campbell, Hojabrpour for 3 season now, even though they've been very good CPL players at a similar age. Once Verhoeven and Verhoven aged out of the U21 rule they had to find new homes in CPL though. There just doesn't seem to be much of a market for CPL players yet.

I can’t count the pandemic season, a few “insiders” have reported that guys like Farsi, Abzi and co had interest and that there is a market for the young players. 

let’s not forget after season 1, Pepple, the Valour striker, Borges, Waterman and the guy who went to Den Hag were all transfers somewhere, so there’s eyes watching. 

Will York be raided ? Not as a whole, but is losing 3 players being raided ? Teams will come for Pacifics players, also I’m not sure the Verhoevens took the next step, and I’m not sure they fit there either.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

I can’t count the pandemic season, a few “insiders” have reported that guys like Farsi, Abzi and co had interest and that there is a market for the young players. 

let’s not forget after season 1, Pepple, the Valour striker, Borges, Waterman and the guy who went to Den Hag were all transfers somewhere, so there’s eyes watching. 

Will York be raided ? Not as a whole, but is losing 3 players being raided ? Teams will come for Pacifics players, also I’m not sure the Verhoevens took the next step, and I’m not sure they fit there either.

Also Telfer and the Chilean striker on York. I suppose one could also count Welshman as well. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

We'll see. I mostly follow Pacific, and we've never really lost a player to a bigger league despite having some of the best young talent in the CPL. Perhaps that sways my opinion 

I think the CPL still has a lot to prove before we start seeing every young guy getting snatched up. Borges is back at Forge, Pepple is floating around in someone's youth team, Attardo is in the Cypriot second tier and the Estevez deal only happened cause Den Haag's owners wanted him to play for Taiwan - he went to the Spanish fifth tier once his contract expired. Even Zator/Ongaro were underwhelming in Scandinavian second divisions. I guess Waterman is the closest thing to a success story.

I think Farsi is the most likely. Abzi and Ferrari still have work to do.

2 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I think the CPL still has a lot to prove before we start seeing every young guy getting snatched up. Borges is back at Forge, Pepple is floating around in someone's youth team, Attardo is in the Cypriot second tier and the Estevez deal only happened cause Den Haag's owners wanted him to play for Taiwan - he went to the Spanish fifth tier once his contract expired. Even Zator/Ongaro were underwhelming in Scandinavian second divisions. I guess Waterman is the closest thing to a success story.

I agree with you for the most part but how was Zator underwhelming? Ongaro was decent in Denmark.

Farsi is a stud. If TFC were to sell Laryea I could see them grabbing him.

10 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I agree with you for the most part but how was Zator underwhelming? Ongaro was decent in Denmark.

Farsi is a stud. If TFC were to sell Laryea I could see them grabbing him.

I guess I expected more from the league's best CB - especially someone who was in the national team conversation. He was on the bench for most of his stint at a newly promoted Vasalunds. 

20 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I guess I expected more from the league's best CB - especially someone who was in the national team conversation. He was on the bench for most of his stint at a newly promoted Vasalunds. 

Fair enough but he did get a few starts late on, including his last match for them. 

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

We'll see. I mostly follow Pacific, and we've never really lost a player to a bigger league despite having some of the best young talent in the CPL. Perhaps that sways my opinion 

I think you guys will lose some now, Chung and Young was it ? I think Pacific is the new Forge.

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

Not every transfer will work out, Covid didn’t help, the caliber needs to keep going up, and I’m sure it will. 

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

IIRC, Zator was on the bench to start the season, but rather quickly won a starting job.  Vasalunds won most of the games he played, then went on a losing streak when he left.  I stopped following them because frankly I couldn't care less about them after he was gone.  Ongaro scored 3 goals in 7 games, thereabouts, so I don't think either underwhelmed.  I think the teams just didn't want to pay the requisite transfer fees for the players.  That could be construed as the teams didn't feel they were worth it however.

For some reason I thought Ferrari was 19. Hmm, that makes my question more ridiculous, but I'll ask it anyways.

Who do you think ends up being the better player in their prime. Ferrari, Jayden Nelson, or Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty?

I'm thinking Ferrari, but now I do realize he's got 2 years on Nelson, who himself has 2 years on Marshall-Rutty.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

IIRC, Zator was on the bench to start the season, but rather quickly won a starting job.  Vasalunds won most of the games he played, then went on a losing streak when he left.  I stopped following them because frankly I couldn't care less about them after he was gone.  Ongaro scored 3 goals in 7 games, thereabouts, so I don't think either underwhelmed.  I think the teams just didn't want to pay the requisite transfer fees for the players.  That could be construed as the teams didn't feel they were worth it however.

Zator was on the bench most of his time there. Only managed 2 starts and that was at the very end of his time there.

Ongaro also didn't do a whole lot. 2 goals in 8 games.

I personally think people jumped on the bandwagon way to fast on these 2. I never understood the idea where Zator was the best defender in CPL imo, and Ongaro showed signs that he has a lot to work on. Like, a lot.

59 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Zator was on the bench most of his time there. Only managed 2 starts and that was at the very end of his time there.

Ongaro also didn't do a whole lot. 2 goals in 8 games.

I personally think people jumped on the bandwagon way to fast on these 2. I never understood the idea where Zator was the best defender in CPL imo, and Ongaro showed signs that he has a lot to work on. Like, a lot.

Lol what bandwagon? Ongaro is now CPL's all-time leading goal scorer and there hasn't been a post about him here since 2020. 

• 2 months later...