WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

If Larin's out for the window, do we start the Jebbison instagram bio watch?

No. 95% chance he's going to Marbella, Spain during the October break.

https://sportsfinding.com/marbella-will-host-the-friendly-match-week-of-national-teams/111318/

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 hours ago, Yoginess said:

kind of a hard thing to judge. What do you consider "overthinking"? Because realistically, it just making a call and it happening to not work out. 

I have what I believe should be done to put us in a position to getting the most points out of this window but what ever Herdman decides, he's earned my trust at this point. 

Or beating the US in gods knows how long with Davies playing forward. Then a few days later playing him at LB only to lose 4-1

28 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

No. 95% chance he's going to Marbella, Spain during the October break.

https://sportsfinding.com/marbella-will-host-the-friendly-match-week-of-national-teams/111318/

95% chance has never stopped us from irrational hope

Edit: but yes, you're probably right

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

So with Kennedy out, Borjan with Covid, Larin doubtful, I hope that Herdman gets off his high horse and realises his short call-ups make no sense.

I hope it was just a message about unity with no real affect on call-ups. A message to players like Arfield sitting on the fence.

But if we take him at his word, we are set to fall as brothers. Which seems a cop-out on his part, like preparing the excuse before you fail. 

We've seen Herdman rectify mid-match a few times recently, and adjust in a pragmatic way to roster selection, so hoping that is the real manager and not the one who thinks we can hug and limp our way to Qatar.

We've said it from the jump, we thought the tight windows with 3 matches would favor nations like Mexico, USA and Canada....depth is key here and from a Canadian perspective you need to hope that depth that has been developed rises up...might see some new faces this window or guys who are considered "B squad" guys who will need to step up

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Both are still out injured. 

The US squad ain’t that good man. I think they drop points at home to Jamaica or on the road in Panama.

I'm torn on this one, not sure who I prefer to gain/lose points between the US and Jamaica/Panama.  This might create more parity for the 2-4 spots.

16 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm torn on this one, not sure who I prefer to gain/lose points between the US and Jamaica/Panama.  This might create more parity for the 2-4 spots.

No Pulisic or Reyna but they get back Musah and Weah so there will be a slight drop off but not enough to where they should drop points at home to Jamaica or Costa Rica....Panama down there is a chore but the US has gotten better at the CONCACAF dark arts...

From a Canadian perspective I think its probably better that the US takes points off all three of these teams to put them lower in the standings

18 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

No Pulisic or Reyna but they get back Musah and Weah so there will be a slight drop off but not enough to where they should drop points at home to Jamaica or Costa Rica....Panama down there is a chore but the US has gotten better at the CONCACAF dark arts...

From a Canadian perspective I think its probably better that the US takes points off all three of these teams to put them lower in the standings

They just thumped Honduras 4-1 away so I'd say they're favourites to do the business in Panama and probably feeling pretty good about their chances. 

Yeah,  I have come to grips with the fact that they are strong enough to get 2nd this cycle.  Thus I am hoping they win all their remaining games except away to us.  As much as it will be difficult to stomach the constant chants of “USA! USA!”, the reality is that our chance of getting the 3rd spot goes up if they run over the other teams we are competing with.

Edited by dyslexic nam