WCQ | Window 1 | Match Day 3: Canada vs El Salvador- Wednesday, Sept 8th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto, BMO Field

Shway

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not gonna happen. If our best are ready, they'll play. We're not here to appease Piette or Wotherspoon. 

If they get late minutes it'll be a good sign. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, Shway said:

Canadian players that didn't get any minutes in the previous 2 matches:

Crépeau (GK)
Pantemis (GK)
Fraser
Wotherspoon
Piette
Cavallini

Canadian players that have played ALL possible minutes in the previous 2 matches:
Borjan (GK)
Johnston
Eustáquio
Laryea

Canadian players that have played over 150 minutes in the previous 2 matches:
Davies
Larin

I'd love to hear from someone with a professional background regarding the number of minutes they think our guys can play.

They are all tough young guys but 3 full matches like this has got to be physically (and emotionally) exhausting.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'd love to hear from someone with a professional background regarding the number of minutes they think our guys can play.

They are all tough young guys but 3 full matches like this has got to be physically (and emotionally) exhausting.

I don’t know - lots of teams that play in European competitions as well as their leagues play 3 games in 7 or 8 days.  And there are core players that play in all of them - and some of those trips involved a fair bit of travel as well.  The current window may be a bit more compressed, but I don’t think it is so different that guys like Eustaquio or Johnston can’t do it.  

17 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I wonder if Buchanan starts this game at rb. With both Kohnston and Laryea playing every minute they may need a rest. Also this allows us to put another offensive weapon on the field. If we play with 4 at the back it allows TB to push up.

With Davies out, I think Tajon starts on the wing.  He has an attacking flair (and pace) that we may need to beat an ES side that will be bunkering.  Plunking him at RB may let him get forward some but he will be attacking less than if he is focused on his forward play.  

Related to the above, I feel we have to say something as Canada fans: BMO rocked the other day and felt strongly pro-Canada.

But there's more: it was loud, energetic and did us proud. All of you there were amazing.

Compare with Nashville, I think our 15,000 totally outdid 3x American fans. Now I realise the feed we got could have diminished the fan noise, and maybe we did not even hear their booing of the team after (I did catch them booing Borjan, quite a bit, because maybe goal kicks is one moment Wheeler shuts up). We did not even get a single shot of a supporter section bouncing or chanting, while at BMO I think we most definitely did. Or did we?

So great job at BMO, let's keep it up. The next Voyageurs request to be made kindly to the CSA, @JamboAlis for all those supporting the visiting team to identify when purchasing tickets and be sent to certain sections, with a limit on their numbers. Like what happens in the rest of the world. Just having Honduras fans attacking our players the other day would justify us using that as the pretext. 

Final comment, US fans standing during games. I've seen this at Sounders, which on tv looks impressive. It's not. They stand bored, silent, as if waiting for donuts some summer's even with a patriotically bored AF look on their faces. They stand for the hell of it, and the vast majority neither participate in chants nor engage. Very poser and what we saw, it seems, in Nashville. @Acid-Tonewill set me straight if I'm wrong on this.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Nef is interviewing with El Salvador media and he's saying that earlier today he was told by a number of people that there are expected to be north of 7k El Salvador supporters at BMO.

He's doesn't buy it but he thinks it will be more than Honduras.

If ES fans outnumber Canada fans that's gonna be a bad look for the CSA.

I gotta feeling there will be more El Salvadorans then Hondurans but I was at game last week and as long as the fellas are playing well the Canada crowd was quite loud. Especially in second half.

With regards to the game. We need a big game from Buchanen now that Davies is out. I think we start Hoillet on the other side, I have felt he has played well so far in the first two games. The best player in the game tomorrow will be David. I got  a great feeling David is going to play like the elite player we think he will be. Go Canada!

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The next Voyageurs request to be made kindly to the CSA, @JamboAlis for all those supporting the visiting team to identify when purchasing tickets and be sent to certain sections, with a limit on their numbers. Like what happens in the rest of the world. Just having Honduras fans attacking our players the other day would justify us using that as the pretext. 

We’re playing with the big boys now, but CSA still has to act bush-league in this respect.  There absolutely should be a cap on the amount of visitor tickets.  

8 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

We’re playing with the big boys now, but CSA still has to act bush-league in this respect.  There absolutely should be a cap on the amount of visitor tickets.  

There is in that they have a section and it is X number of tickets.  But otherwise there is zero chance you can pull this off outside of that. None. It would annihilate the CSA.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

There is in that they have a section and it is X number of tickets.  But otherwise there is zero chance you can pull this off outside of that. None. It would annihilate the CSA.

If the CSA could pull off what the USSF does for away tickets for the USA Mexico WCQ which up until now has always been in Columbus it would be magically, but I get at this point in time it is likely not all the realistic, but maybe some day.

The tickets Mexico supporters get come from the allocation the federation gets, so not many. The rest all are sold through their donor programs, the supporter groups etc which makes it an all home crowd essentially. 

5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Limiting tickets for away supporters is much easier when a)the away supporters in question are traveling, rather than attending a match in the city in which they live, and b)the home allocation of tickets is guaranteed to sell out. Unfortunately, the very nature of Canada, and the profile of the CMNT, both work against us in that regard. Ideally, you want to have a designated away supporters section available on TM and for the vast majority of the rest of the stadium to sell out before that section does. Then you also put a disclaimer on TM stating that, for security purposes, away supporters sitting outside of the designated section(s) will face relocation or removal, depending on circumstances.

Please, please, please play three CMs. We need to feed balls through the left right and middle. Must involve David more through the middle. I'm thinking Atiba, Kaye, Osorio. Good passing and ball carrying in that trio (everyone wants another Staq start I know). Bring Staq on later if necessary. The first priority should be to get into the box and force ES to scramble. Make some runs, play some one-twos, a few runs to the end line, a few deep crosses, put them on the back foot and turn on the pinball machine. Win a penalty and force them out and then finish them off. Underrated team for sure but this is a team we need to be urgent, tough, and ruthless against.

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There was a guy in Nashville with pants? Very nice (Borat voice).

Maybe I missed it but no one has mentioned the guy with the Don Cherry like Maple Leaf pants who was up cheering (just like Expos hat).  I think they looked something  like this (below) everybody should have a pair!

lPdvhGJ.jpg

3 hours ago, admin said:

Do you mean in terms of the CSA not generating enough revenue from Canadian supporters alone?

In which case I suppose it's better that the away fans are dotted throughout rather than one massive section.