WCQ | Window 1 | Match Day 3: Canada vs El Salvador- Wednesday, Sept 8th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto, BMO Field

Shway

17 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Anybody on this forum have a credible way of getting to Ryan and/or his people? I just don't trust the CSA's ability to properly leverage the sort of publicity a partnership with someone like Reynolds could bring. I just don't.  I feel we'd do far better in that regard, and we're just a bunch of loosely affiliated nutbars. But the celebrity angle is a good one. Steve Nash was at Leylah Fernandez's semifinal match at the US Open. Let's get Reynolds--and others--hanging with the Vees in our sections.  Let's sell the party.

I know that Reynolds becoming involved with the Conquer COVID-19 movement at the start of the pandemic was them just spam tweeting him and sending him a shirt. Just spamming him and then sending a Vs scarf might be the best way?

Nash would also be a good target. He did some Fox reporting for soccer if I remember correctly. Maybe even targeting NBA players that of shown MLS support (Lu Dort with Montreal, Siakam with the Raptors). Should just make a hitlist of realistic Canadian or Canada based celebs and athletes 😂

24 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Anybody on this forum have a credible way of getting to Ryan and/or his people? I just don't trust the CSA's ability to properly leverage the sort of publicity a partnership with someone like Reynolds could bring. I just don't.  I feel we'd do far better in that regard, and we're just a bunch of loosely affiliated nutbars. But the celebrity angle is a good one. Steve Nash was at Leylah Fernandez's semifinal match at the US Open. Let's get Reynolds--and others--hanging with the Vees in our sections.  Let's sell the party.

I have no idea how it could happen but it would definitely be a boost to get him interested in the CMNT.  Hell, he is a proud Vancouver guy so if only Davies could reach out to him on social media.  That shit could go viral.  

I dont understand the anxiety? If there were an cmnt announcement in Vancouver BC Place would sell out within 5 days. If England played Poland at Wembley 1/3 of the stadium would be Polish. Thats just the reality of planet earth. Are we supposed to impose a lockdown on Mexicans when we play them in Canada? And if Canadians don't want to watch soccer, who cares, let them suck. They're a minority of people now anyways. All is good. Canadians love soccer and if we keep winning, life will be beautiful 

Edited by SpursFlu

7 hours ago, frmr said:

So you're saying that once Ronaldo decided to stop going down when he felt something which he deemed as illegal contact—which is well within the rules of the game—he went from a tricky pacey winger to arguably the greatest player the game has ever seen. Well fuck me running, what the hell are you doing giving away your secret sauce away for free on a Canada Soccer forum? You should be bottling up this secret formula which is Guaranteedto turn a promising player into the one of the best players the planet has ever seen, and making a multi-billion business for yourself. Hell, even I should be able to go from a useless piece of shit into an MLS player using this one-trick-that-defenders-hate.

Stupid, stupid take. No, that was not what turned young Ronaldo into GOAT Ronaldo. Yes, there are times when going down too easily is not beneficial. No, it is not a black or white issue, it is actually nuanced where sometimes it is 100% the right decision to hit the ground when you are fouled. Yes, there are times when going down from a foul prevents a promising attacking situation. No, it is certainly not always the case. Yes, I'm slightly drunk. No, this has not become an annoying, redundant, condescending post format.

Seriously though, that's a supremely stupid take and I'm shocked by it. Ronaldo reached his astronomical heights when he learned not to go down easily: fuck me. For the record, I also hate when players go down too easily, but I'll be goddamned if I have a single brain cell that thinks that's the defining quality which propelled Ronaldo from his actual number 7 days to arguably the best pure goalscorer the world has ever seen. Imagine, for just for the sake of experiment, if it actually had to do something with the fact that he is an obsessive, freakish compulsive athlete who focused solely on becoming the best competitor he could possibly be, and literally dedicated his entire life to becoming elite through a borderline compulsive obsession with improvement.

But no, that would be silly, it was it because he decided to stay on his feet when he got fouled.

For the record, I think some of our guys do go down too easily. David mostly for me. I don't find Buchanan to be too bad.

Don’t drink and post kids.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I dont understand the anxiety? If there were an cmnt announcement in Vancouver BC Place would sell out within 5 days. If England played Poland at Wembley 1/3 of the stadium would be Polish. Thats just the reality of planet earth. Are we supposed to impose a lockdown on Mexicans when we play them in Canada? And if Canadians don't want to watch soccer, who cares, let them suck. They're a minority of people now anyways. All is good. Canadians love soccer and if we keep winning, life will be beautiful 

I just want to hang out with Ryan Reynolds. Seems like a good time. He can bring Mac.

1 hour ago, Markoaleks said:

Recall seeing something R Reynolds put out related to Deadpool and he was wearing a Canada soccer jersey in the trailer …I think 

Yes. It was a knockoff of the then-current Umbro jersey with the white vertical stripe. Not sure why he didn't just wear a real one instead of having costume designers make a mock-up.

11 minutes ago, RS said:

Yes. It was a knockoff of the then-current Umbro jersey with the white vertical stripe. Not sure why he didn't just wear a real one instead of having costume designers make a mock-up.

I assume rights issues with CSA. Uninterested in obtaining them or CSA uninterested in sharing them.  Could be a "family friendly" organization not wanting in on an R rated movie

Just now, Mattd97 said:

I assume rights issues with CSA. Uninterested in obtaining them or CSA uninterested in sharing them.  Could be a "family friendly" organization not wanting in on an R rated movie

Yeah, I considered that. It'd be pretty stupid if that was the case, though. The jersey was only used in an ad, not the movie itself, so assurances could've been made that Deadpool wouldn't have done anything undesirable while wearing the shirt.