WCQ | Window 1 | Match Day 3: Canada vs El Salvador- Wednesday, Sept 8th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto, BMO Field

Shway

37 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, we can beat Panama at home and we need to either draw or win away in Jamaica.  I want at least a win and a draw from the next window.  I don’t have any expectation away to Mexico, but the other two can generate 4 or 6 points.  Getting that tally, plus getting the away Mexico game out of the way, would be another great window.   

I've penciled in 4 points from that window.  Seriously think this 5 plus those 4 will get us half way to the finals.  Still tough sledding after that but if we can poach 1 more in Mexico...

On 9/8/2021 at 10:20 PM, Cheeta said:

Have to believe some video is going to CONCACAF.  If not someone isn't doing their job at CanadaSoccer HQ.  

You knew El Salvador's luck was going to run it.  I have a hard, hard time believing they don't finished Dead Fu'king Last in this tourney and I'll be shocked if they score goals, (goals?)  A GOAL in more than 3-4 matches.

An absolute delight to see all those Salvadorians spending money to come up here to see their team lose.  Badly.  Love it.    

Just rode the subway with a family who were at the 2 games in El Salvador and their kids were born in Canada.  I told them it was time to start wearing red.

Edited by Club Linesman

34 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If I am Herdman, it is a full 2nd string team of attackers against Mexico.  Between cards and injuries, it just isn’t a game I would prioritize.  Bunker for as long as possible and maybe throw on the game changing attackers in the last 10 or 15.  

May not be a popular choice and probably isn’t what Herdman (or the team) would choose, but I would definitely prioritize the other two games.   

Problem with putting 2nd stringers is goal differential too.  Canada needs to keep goal differential down.  Rather they lose 1-0 with the 1st team than 4-0 with 2nd rate strikers and defenders.  Either way Its Azteca.  Altitude will play a factor for any Canadian player.

Regarding the game.  Canada played great and Herdman got his tactics right.  El Salvador are really rusty and bad.  They have really fallen off in competitiveness the last 20 years.  I remember in the 90’s they had more players in Liga MX and MLS compared to almost nil now.  Shows in the players skill level and how Canada has really improved significantly over them.  I’d say Honduras is rhe new El Salvador of rhe 90’s with better technical players.

Edited by nolbertos

48 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Have to believe some video is going to CONCACAF.  If not someone isn't doing their job at CanadaSoccer HQ.  

You knew El Salvador's luck was going to run it.  I have a hard, hard time believing they don't finished Dead Fu'king Last in this tourney and I'll be shocked if they score goals, (goals?)  A GOAL in more than 3-4 matches.

An absolute delight to see all those Salvadorians spending money to come up here to see their team lose.  Badly.  Love it.    

This crap's been going on for decades, and nothing's ever been done, nor do I think it ever will be.  Surely there've been people at CONCACRAP HQ who've watched Canada play against the blue & white trifecta with *extremely imaginative crests over the years.  I'd say go over their heads directly to FIFA, but they don't give a toss about Canada either. 

*I'll give Guatemala a bit of a pass on the crest.  At least the've got a couple of spring onions and a blueberry or something.  An odd combination, but better than "H".  

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 12.06.46.png

Edited by vancanman

I don't know who the announcers were on the english feed I was watching, but they didn't see a El Salvador foul all game.  However, they did stick with the coverage to show Osorio grabbing the drum from the supporters and leading the team in the Viking clap.  Awesome!

Edited by kacbru
there was more than one supporter

52 minutes ago, Bdog said:

This ref is usually good but how the fuck did El Salvador get away with that much? They're a very unlikable team but I'll still hope they make other teams drop points.

Dominant game today as it should have been. A lot of guys have stepped up big the last couple games.

I'll never forget Peschisolido waiting for a play to restart, standing between two giant Panamanian defenders.  One of the Panamanians very obviously elbowed Pesch in the face purposely, and Pesch ended up getting sent off.  The poor Panamanian got a boo boo on his elbow.

Nothing's changed in CONCACRAP in the last 30 years.

3 hours ago, king1010 said:

117 and 118. 

Yep spot them there...Surprised that Voyageurs Supporters Group didn't kicked them out.

We need to be more vocal about this ... Alert the ushers and security and demand them to show the tickets, more likely they snuck into the section rather than buying the tickets there.

52 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTlY6_YlhMn/?utm_medium=copy_link

Eat your heart out… long live the KING!! Hehehe

Whatever we think of this man here, I can see him becoming a very likeable legend with the general population. He's vocal, outspoken, dynamic even? He's an old head who could give two shits about what traditionalists think of his antics and I think regular people like that. 

Just now, SoccMan said:

Yup and they don’t have because countries like EL Salvador, Honduras , Panama don’t have the technology in their stadiums to have VAR, countries that in the end it will favour  not having VAR , what a joke of a confederation .

Why don’t they have the technology ? They have TV and video that can be used for the replay. It’s not like anyone is expecting hawk eye.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

The turf at BMO Field looks like shit. I'm guessing that's because of the Argos. Will only get worse by the time we play Panama 

Actually it's cause of the massive thunderstorm we had on Tuesday night...Blame Climate Change...BMO Grounds Crew was working hard at pre-match fixing it as much as they could.

2 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

3-5-2 is the formation going forward. Please for the love of god no more 3-4-3

that extra midfielder does us wonders, and while our strength lies on our flanks, winning/dominating the midfield should always be the first step to a successful football team.

Agreed. It was what we were missing the last two games. I am hopeful that Herdman learned his lesson for good.