Match Thread: September 4, 2021 - Valour v Cavalry

narduch

Probably the toughest sell of the year for Valour, Labour Day weekend.  Have it in my head the Saturday matinees didn't do too bad in 2019, not entirely sure though.

Valour running a free youth ticket with every adult ticket sold.  Useless to the STHs but a solid promo to try to get the part timers back into the habit.   As I wrote, probably the hardest weekend to ty it but then again, maybe the best reason to as well.  See if it works.

Feeling a bit nervy about this one.  Have to admit that.

A bunch like........???  remember they need be to able to swallow the pay cuts.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

The CPL needs more players like Mason. He’s awesome ! 

also there are a bunch of Canadian players that the CPL should be targeting that would jump the Quality up. 

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

One simply has to LOL at Mikhael on that goal. What was that?

Not to make excuses but I think it was Fordyce who got caught in possession at the top of Valour's 18 that eventually led to Mikhael's shame on the goal.  Brutal.  Punished for pricking around.  That should be the title of Valour's theme song. 

Speaking of shame, how Baquero stayed on after the half time break I have no idea.  Had a brutal 1st half.

Speaking of shame, the ref didn't have her best night either.  Think IG Field is a good experience for CPL ref's because you're not going to get a break, even if you deserve one.  Actually got off easy exiting the field at match end.  On another night probably not.

Anyone see what Rocco did fo earn the ejection?

This Sirois kid is brave.  If you give him nothing else give him that. 

Crowd was a bit bigger than last match but still modest.  Involved and invested.  The Trench helps a ton with that and really is getting better with every match.   If the Eddies could clone and transplant those 100 idiots to Clarke Field that team would be filling the joint by season's end simply through contagious enthusiasm.   

In closing.  Gawd damnit! 

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Not to make excuses but I think it was Fordyce who got caught in possession at the top of Valour's 18 that eventually led to Mikhael's shame on the goal.  Brutal.  Punished for pricking around.  That should be the title of Valour's theme song. 

You're absolutely right about the giveaway. The defensive error by Mikhael was just as comically bad, only in a different way.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

A bunch like........???  remember they need be to able to swallow the pay cuts.

CM Trafford, ST Jordan Hamilton, CB Ferreira, CM Schweitzer , CB Straith, CB Hainault, GK Desjardins, CB Opare, AM Hemati, ST Welshman, CM  Araujo

Also if someone could talk some sense to ST Jackson-Hamel. He would be so good in the CPL

Also I heard the salary cap is going up next year

Also i would be going after some internationals who have dropped in value hard but can still  play with massive experience  like ST Nick Blackman

Edited by SpecialK