WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

Kinda glad the other games start before us this time.  Wish our game actually started at 9.

As to the game itself, I’ve wavered a lot the last few days on what our line up should be.  First I thought sit most of the line up from Thursday, then go balls out, to now let’s do a mixture.  
I like the idea of sitting David and Buchanan.  Hutchinson sits.  I’ve seen this line up a couple times from others..

Larin

Hoilett

Davies-Kaye-Eustaqiuo-Osorio-Laryea

Kennedy-Vitoria-Johnston

Borjan      

14 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Kinda glad the other games start before us this time.  Wish our game actually started at 9.

As to the game itself, I’ve wavered a lot the last few days on what our line up should be.  First I thought sit most of the line up from Thursday, then go balls out, to now let’s do a mixture.  
I like the idea of sitting David and Buchanan.  Hutchinson sits.  I’ve seen this line up a couple times from others..

Larin

Hoilett

Kennedy-Vitoria-Johnston

Borjan      

I would go with this lineup but David instead of Larin, since David is better on the break. And there's almost definitely going to be periods where we have to absorb pressure and should be able to hit them on the counter. I don't think Larin has the pace for that.

57 minutes ago, narduch said:

Ref crew for tonight 

Referee: Oshane Nation (JAM)
Assistant Referee 1: Nicholas Anderson (JAM)
Assistant Referee 2: Ojay Duhaney (JAM)
Fourth Official: Reon Radix (GRN)

I wish we could have flipped this crew for what we are going to get at home Wednesday!

31 minutes ago, frmr said:

I would go with this lineup but David instead of Larin, since David is better on the break. And there's almost definitely going to be periods where we have to absorb pressure and should be able to hit them on the counter. I don't think Larin has the pace for that.

Yeah good point.  I see Gareth Wheeler tweeting out that he thinks there will be a massive turnover (6-7-8 changes) because this isn’t a must win for us like it is for the States, rather that Wednesday is must win. He’s not wrong but I don’t want to sit back and try to hold on for 90 minutes.  That’s not really Herdman’s style.  

5 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Sorry can I ask a dumb question and sorry if it has been answered already but is onesoccer showing the game? I have a vpn and that’s where I watch the other games or is it in tsn/sports net only? 
tha is in advance 

TSN only.

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

Larin

Hoilett

Kennedy-Vitoria-Johnston

Borjan      

Possibly flip david/larin, and miller/kennedy (based on how miller played against USA in gold cup), but that's a great looking lineup.

*I'm a huge fan of Buchanan, but based on Thursday's game laryea needs to be on the field.