WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

43 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Sounds like Pulisic availability is also not certain. Weah also out injured. Looks like they could be light on the wings. 

Apparently Reyna may have pulled a hamstring. If he’s out I think they start Aaronson in his place. Pulisic will likely be on limited minutes as a starter or will be a sub. 

19 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Covid fatigue is no joke.

Pulisic could be a liability on the pitch...

If Reyna and Pulisic are out, we have to win this.

Honestly I still think this is pretty unlikely.  Even with a weakened team, I would be extremely pleased with an away draw to the US.  It would put their fans in a tailspin after what happened last cycle and they would be forced to go for it in every single match.   Plus it would set us up to get 5 points out of this window, which would be a decent result given the draws in match day 1.  

18 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Just wanted to remind everyone how good Canada was plus Arfield was pretty much the best player on the field. 

Nothing makes me cringe more than hearing "Davies in dreamland. And Phonsy having all the fun"

I think as qualifiers goes on we need to create some kind of Wheeler bingo card/drinking game

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly I still think this is pretty unlikely.  Even with a weakened team, I would be extremely pleased with an away draw to the US.  It would put their fans in a tailspin after what happened last cycle and they would be forced to go for it in every single match.   Plus it would set us up to get 5 points out of this window, which would be a decent result given the draws in match day 1.  

It's 50/50 for me. We literally have nothing to lose and all the pressure is on them and not having Reyna and potentially Pulisic might shake their confidence.

We're not expected to win so I think our guys will do their thing and go for the win - not just playing for the draw.

It will be an interesting game that might come down with the team who has the best tactics

29 minutes ago, Ansem said:

It's 50/50 for me. We literally have nothing to lose and all the pressure is on them and not having Reyna and potentially Pulisic might shake their confidence.

We're not expected to win so I think our guys will do their thing and go for the win - not just playing for the draw.

It will be an interesting game that might come down with the team who has the best tactics

Before Thursday we didn’t have anything to lose.  Given we are now two points in the red, playing in probably the least hostile away game, not getting the draw would be a loss.

14 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Before Thursday we didn’t have anything to lose.  Given we are now two points in the red, playing in probably the least hostile away game, not getting the draw would be a loss.

Coming out of this window with 5 points was the min for me.  Pity about dropping points to Honduras but they're going to drop points at home as well.  That I do not doubt.

This tourney is going to go right down to the wire.  The Central American teams are just not going to suffer the same travel issues Canada will (USA as well). That's going to catch up to us. 

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Just wanted to remind everyone how good Canada was plus Arfield was pretty much the best player on the field. 

Good times. 

Arfield would have been a huge addition for us considering how much we have to rotate but at least Atiba should be good to start against ES. 

Had a dream (nightmare?) last night that the US had an indirect free kick just outside of our 18 but they hit it direct on goal and it went in, but the ref still counted it. I expect CONCACAFing tonight, but hopefully we don't get to that extreme! 😅

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Match starts at 8pm so lineup will be out at 7pm

Thanks.  That's perfect for me to fill the blank with

US open 1pm

A. Kerber (GER) [16] vs. L. Fernandez (CAN)

UEFA WCQ

12pm Czech vs. Belgium 

CONCACAF WCQ

3pm Jamaica vs Panama 

and 

4pm Costa Rica vs. Mexico/El Salvador vs. Honduras (first half)

Oh, almost forget this:

US open 4pm

F. Tiafoe (USA)
vs.
F. Auger-Aliassime (CAN) [12]

what a busy day for me and Canadian fans! 
I think I need to do double screen again today.

Edited by lamptern