WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

1 minute ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Disagree about Laryea, he seems to be the only player playing with real heart out there. Aggressive enfers on défense And positive on offense. Johnston and Kennedy are my worries. Kennedy has been the most dangerous player… at our own net

Johnston and Kennedy have been pretty good imo. 

11 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Dick move by Dest.  He knew he was going to get beat like a drum by Davies all night, so he pulled up "hurt" to throw Yedlin to the wolves.

To quote a Great Canadian heritage Quote
“he’s just a CHICKEN”. Donavon Bailey

Edited by SpecialK

Disagree about Laryea, he seems to be the only player playing with real heart out there. Aggressive enfers on défense And positive on offense. Johnston and Kennedy are my worries. Kennedy has been the most dangerous player… at our own net

Kennedy has been an adventure out there, and Johnston seems intimidated by pulisic as if he's f*cking maradona.

Yes but he is also a bit of a liability due to that fact too. Been careless in attack losing possession, rash in the tackle defensively and on a yellow. 

The other defenders look a bit nervous and shaky. Ritchie looks the opposite.

I can see Osorio or Piette coming in for Kaye at some point depending on the situation, David for Larin at some point will probably happen and I imagine Buchanan if fit will come in for Laryea or possibly Davies, there is also Cav to bring in up front to pressure the backline for a bit!

Just now, JohnnyFranchise said:

Kennedy has been an adventure out there, and Johnston seems intimidated by pulisic as if he's f*cking maradona.

Kennedy has been fine.  It's Caldwell that has made it seem like he's on an adventure.  Sure, the first header was a little rough, but the play where Kennedy kicked it out for a corner and Caldwell waxed poetic about how the ball could've dipped under the cross bar was just stupid.  Kennedy cleared it like he should've.  There would need to have a been a monumental shift in the laws of gravity for that to happen.

Davies might have another 10 to 15 minutes, but that's it.  I see David coming on for Hoillet or Larin at 60 or 65, Tajon or Oso for Davies at the same time, and maybe somebody for Laryea, who also looks gassed. 

But the guys have held their shape for most of the game, and we got to stay disciplined. Yup, we need to keep the ball a bit more. But I am mostly pretty happy with this first half.

Just now, king1010 said:

Johnston and Kennedy have been pretty good imo. 

Different game for Kennedy than Thursday. He is being asked to play twenty yards closer to his own goal and not be in possession. That can be a tough ask, especially against a decent team. 

So far, so good. Need to see these next 45 minutes out. Possibly make a change up front now. 

Just now, El Hombre said:

Kennedy has been fine.  It's Caldwell that has made it seem like he's on an adventure.  Sure, the first header was a little rough, but the play where Kennedy kicked it out for a corner and Caldwell waxed poetic about how the ball could've dipped under the cross bar was just stupid.  Kennedy cleared it like he should've.  There would need to have a been a monumental shift in the laws of gravity for that to happen.

I haven't heard a word Caldwell has said 🤣🤣🤣