WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

Just now, BigMo said:

Kaye is losing the ball in vary dangerous spaces. Wouldn't mind seeing Atiba in the second half.

The issue continues to be the lack of a third true midfielder to create space / outlets centrally. 

But for this game at least, that might be by design. Because the US likes to press high and we can negate that by playing fast and though the channels.

Although we had a couple of decent chances which we wasted I can't see us playing another 45 minutes like this and not conceding, they have enough quality that sooner or later they will convert one of these chances! As others have said we have key players looking tired, there are some great options off the bench, at least we are still in with a shout!

We’re generally holding our shape defensively but offensively things continue to be Davies dependent. If the US is defensively set and has the time to clog up the space in behind Davies defender we look a big absent ideas. 

And generally it looks like guys are confused as shit about what they should be doing. The number of times I’ve seen a player receive a ball in midfield and completely draw a blank in terms of the next pass is pretty awe inspiring 

1 minute ago, ag futbol said:

We’re generally holding our shape defensively but offensively things continue to be Davies dependent. If the US is defensively set and has the time to clog up the space in behind Davies defender we look a big absent ideas. 

And generally it looks like guys are confused as shit about what they should be doing. The number of times I’ve seen a player receive a ball in midfield and completely draw a blank in terms of the next pass is pretty awe inspiring 

I think that if you bring on Buchanon for Hoilett, that provides a different counter-attack option on the right side which would free up more space for Davies.

1 minute ago, Wippersuna said:

Laryea and Adekube with a pretty poor half and Larin really needed to finish that earlier chance but it’s also even at the half so hey. 

Disagree about Laryea, he seems to be the only player playing with real heart out there. Aggressive enfers on défense And positive on offense. Johnston and Kennedy are my worries. Kennedy has been the most dangerous player… at our own net