WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

Just now, ag futbol said:

Someone made the point in the other thread, and I tend to agree, if your set pieces are this bad you should use the short option more frequently. 

Remember when we did nothing but short corners... that didn't work either.  Radical idea - mix it up?

Just now, kacbru said:

Remember when we did nothing but short corners... that didn't work either.  Radical idea - mix it up?

Well, exactly. At least keep them guessing. 

but the service quality here continues to be garbage. Feels like 80% of our set pieces do not clear the first defender.

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

The only time set pieces were truly effective recently was under Floro and that's because that was the only way he thought we'd ever score.

Not a big fan of short corners because more often than not, you lose it and then your defence is out of position.  Just keep knocking the ball in.

Watching Larin miss the net on that gift made me remember him taking a header wide in the six against Honduras that David was just waiting to fill the net with.

I know the guy used to be quality but he sure looks like his head is somewhere else. Has anyone seen the guy play really well lately?

Just now, _Vic_ said:

Watching Larin miss the net on that gift made me remember him taking a header wide in the six against Honduras that David was just waiting to fill the net with.

I know the guy used to be quality but he sure looks like his head is somewhere else. Has anyone seen the guy play really well lately?

Larin is an amazing supporting player.  So long as he isn't the guy, he's great.  He needs someone to feed off of up front.

Team is trying to play too laterally for the formation we’ve chosen. That’s causing Kaye and Eustaquio to drift over to the sides. When they cough up the ball, the defensive cover in the middle is not there. 

Team has to play more vertically with it’s passing or we need to actually field a 3rd true midfielder