Match Thread: September 3, 2021 - HFX Wanderers v Forge

narduch

4 minutes ago, masster said:

What is with another 6pm local time start?

I don't know? Im watching at home cause I couldn't make it downtown after work that fast. They said it was for 'broadcast accommodations' (was originally supposed to start at 7:30). In my view totally shows no regard to the local fans. No other league would start a weeknight game at 6pm -very bush league.  To my knowledge there isnt even another game on One Soccer today.

Edited by grasshopper1917

4 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

I don't know? Im watching at home cause I couldn't make it downtown after work that fast. They said it was for 'broadcast accommodations' (was originally supposed to start at 7:30). In my view totally shows no regard to the local fans. No other league would start a weeknight game at 6pm -very bush league.  To my knowledge there isnt even another game on One Soccer today.

Not to diminish your rightful annoyance at the early kickoff, but I do believe that the UEFA Champions League, arguably the biggest club competition in the world, has 6 pm mid-week starts during the group stages.

3 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Not to diminish your rightful annoyance at the early kickoff, but I do believe that the UEFA Champions League, arguably the biggest club competition in the world, has 6 pm mid-week starts during the group stages.

Some 7pm continental time, yes, but in function of country. In Spain 9 is appropriate to avoid clashing with working hours. 

Is there a problem with lights at HFX stadium?