13 of Canada’s WCQs will now be broadcast on Sportsnet.

Cblake

I was kinda hoping it would be a different crew so we didn't have to hear Wheeler.

Great news though, so many more people will be able to watch now. I have OneSoccer but it's so much easier now that I don't have to connect my laptop to the TV, my stream sometimes skips on my laptop too. Plus PVRing games is a bonus.

21 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Makes sense initially since the deal was just announced this evening. I could see Sportsnet wanting to give it their touches down the road . 

They did announce the game on the Jays game tonight.  This is great exposure for team Canada.  Lots of sports fans that are not necessarily big soccer fans will tune in.  Now the boys just have to put on a good show!

22 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Glad they came to this decision. Hopefully we see big numbers. This was always the one missing piece. 

Yes, just because it is on tv doesn't mean people watch. 30 years of being on tv has shown that.

Canada will need to win regularly, quality of play must be perceived to be good and style of play can't be viewed as boring to get more than 100k. 

Concacaf shithousery delivers pure entertainment value but it won't be everyone's cup of tea (i.e. Euro snobs and people who just watch North American pro leagues).

No agreement announced with French channel yet is going to turn off a lot of people.

Edited by red card

1 minute ago, prairiecanuck said:

They did announce the game on the Jays game tonight.  This is great exposure for team Canada.  Lots of sports fans that are not necessarily big soccer fans will tune in.  Now the boys just have to put on a good show!

Now the games can be found by the channel surfers, can’t say enough how big this is.

Canada Soccer ️ is getting great coverage tonight on SN Central coverage too. This is huge. 

24 minutes ago, Kettles Porter said:

Any chance that Onesoccer offer some discounts, additional perks, or even a few months of free content, for existing subscribers who won't bail because of this?  A couple PSG matches a month would do the trick for me! 

You can watch PSG matches on French cable channels TV5HD (on Rogers, it's 651).

I was fortunate to watch Messi's debut and Mbappe beautiful 2 goals.

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

Shout out to Faizal Khamisa and Tim Micallef for being the few on Sportsnet to actually talk about the CANMNT 

Yeah I got a feeling Tim will spend a solid time tomorrow talking about it probably interviewing some of the Canadian soccer media and previewing the game and Octo. I always respected how much Tim cares about Canada sports in general. I remember how passionate he was when the men's basketball team lost to Cze Republic last month despite being heavy favourites. Then today he had a few of the players and media talk about the women hockey championship. If Canada Soccer is going to continue to grow (and us doing well in the OCTO will help) we need the mainstream sports media personalities to help! Well done Tim!