World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

48 minutes ago, narduch said:

Mexican Ref Crew.

image.png.d7aa10c5d087765d39beb6c4325a0e69.png

I remember back in the 2018 WCQ cycle when we opened the group stage before the Hex against Honduras, the originally assigned referee from Costa Rica was removed because he was interviewed by Diez and he said he hoped Honduras and Costa Rica both made the World Cup. I was wondering what would be the most CONCACAF thing possible for us playing Honduras this time, and my first thought was the same Costa Rican referee would get assigned again. My second thought was a Mexican officiating crew. 😂

15 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Honduras training at Appleby College

Honduras

Honduras is a badass team and has been for almost 40 years. They've screwed really top teams over the years and punch way above their weight. We are way below them, far below them in legacy and mentality.

There is no cakewalk here fans, and besides, when it comes to reffing we get taken and they know how to take. Anything but total quality play and full gamesmanship mode is just asking for an embarrassment. 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:14 AM, canuckgbp said:

If we don't get 6 points from this easy travel schedule we are in trouble. USA open with El Salvadore, I can see them starting with a weaker side, saving their best team for us in Nashville. We don't have the depth the USA as. Being the second game in quick order and being in Nashville I can't expect more then a draw for us which would be fantastic. 

We have good depth but Honduras is always tough. Think we need to prioritize the two home games, especially since it sits nicely as a Home, Away and Home schedule. 

Maybe someone like Tajon doesn't start Vs Honduras and they save him for USA and put Laryea in. 

100% agree.

52 minutes ago, jtpc said:

I remember back in the 2018 WCQ cycle when we opened the group stage before the Hex against Honduras, the originally assigned referee from Costa Rica was removed because he was interviewed by Diez and he said he hoped Honduras and Costa Rica both made the World Cup. I was wondering what would be the most CONCACAF thing possible for us playing Honduras this time, and my first thought was the same Costa Rican referee would get assigned again. My second thought was a Mexican officiating crew. 😂

47 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no VAR for this window of games, right?

^what he said.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is completely doable, agreed.

Ridiculous the same people here who wanted to squeeze the hell out of players for the GC, leaving them without offseason rest and cutting short their pre-seasons, now are the prophets of squad rotation. When if we'd let them rest and prep they'd be optimum now, when it counts. 

If you can’t tell the difference between some rotation during 3 games in 7 days, and leaving guys out of an entire tournament, that is on you. 

For some who can write so eloquently, you can be guilty of some pretty muddled and simplistic thinking.  

11 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Davies David Buchanan

Osorio Eustaquio Hutchinson

Laryea Kennedy Vitoria Johnston

Borjan

This formation morphs into a 3-5-2 with Davies and Laryea as wingbacks quite easily.

Larin, Hoilett, Kaye sit.  Tough to sit Larin but I think he is the natural sub for David, and Buchanan is our most in form player.  We need Laryea's toughness and Concacafyness out there and Buchanan scores when he plays closer to goal.

Osorio always does well for Canada at BMO, he will be a beast out there.  

Borjan has the experience to get the job done.  Wouldn't be surprised if Crepeau gets a game this window.

Does anybody know why Corbeanu is not with the Team ?

Edited by Bobcat

14 minutes ago, Bobcat said:

Does anybody know why Corbeanu is not with the Team ?

If we assume we were always only going to call in 23 then it’s hard to find a spot for him. He’s also only played 20 minutes of club football in the last five weeks since the cold cup.

but if your question is more along the lines of why we didn’t call more than 23 players like every other team did…who knows.

Just now, Floortom said:

If we assume we were always only going to call in 23 then it’s hard to find a spot for him. He’s also only played 20 minutes of club football in the last five weeks since the cold cup.

but if your question is more along the lines of why we didn’t call more than 23 players like every other team did…who knows.

Even if we called 26 he might not have made it. Millar is playing more at a higher level, ditto Ennin and Akindele. 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

--------------David-----Larin-----------

Davies--Kaye--Eustaquio--Hutchinson--Buchanan

---------Miller---Vitoria--Johnson-------------

------------------Borjan-----------------------

I bet we see this.

Maybe Osorio for Kaye, Kennedy for Miller, or Crepeau for Borjan, but I think everything else is set in stone.

This would be (honestly) the formation I would go with. I would even add Laryn for Buchanan but you have to start the Buch.