World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

4 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Points to poor coaching. You don’t get that many set pieces without producing an opportunity 

at some point one of the coaches needs to acknowledge the fact that as good as davies is, he's shocking at dead balls. especially after the first one junior sent in that miller just missed on, nobody but junior would be anywhere near taking corners for me

1 minute ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

at some point one of the coaches needs to acknowledge the fact that as good as davies is, he's shocking at dead balls. especially after the first one junior sent in that miller just missed on, nobody but junior would be anywhere near taking corners for me

I agree, probably not the ideal set piece taker. But it looks like the same play 14x with the same result 14x. Approach needs to be better along with the delivery 

Seriously, we looked a bit off in the first half. Not disjointed necessarily, but not entirely cohesive and comfortable. We had some nice moments, mostly with Davies down the left side, but we let Honduras into the game and they got their goal. Second half was much better. I lost count, but how many of our 14 corners didn't even clear their first defender? But that is a relatively easy fix.  The guys did not quite have the chemistry they showed in the Gold Cup, which makes sense when you've got a handful of players coming into this line up who were not part of that Gold Cup group. But they grew into the game, showed a lot more fire, and were a bit unlucky not to get the second goal. We'll grow, and quickly.  Three games in a short spell is great for developing chemistry and cohesion.

Let's go grind out a result in Nashville.  We are going to jam the midfield and see if we can counter, maybe nick a point late. The US will be tough, but we'll have a solid line-up.  We need to rest guys like Davies, David, Hutch, and Larin. Which means Tajon and Cava up front, mostly running their asses off. Cava is going to break someone. Hopefully not himself.

Not happy with the result, but let's see how we adapt. Lots of games still to play.

10 minutes ago, shorty said:

Let’s just take a minute though and appreciate the fact that we are all disappointed at not taking all three points from Honduras. Yes, we should have. And that’s frickin amazing to say that compared to the last… well forever. 

Honduras has been in the hex for years getting results - they defended Davies desperately but well.  On paper we may look good but we forget that winning away anywhere for Canada is very tough.  They don’t struggle at BMO. 

Herdman didn’t have the right setup to start the game. Laryea shouldn’t be primarily on the left. Kennedy should be starting over Miller.

I wish we would’ve just stuck with the 3-5-2. Center midfield is our strength, and we should always play with 3 CMs. Having Laryea pinch in didn’t work.

Really disappointing result. Long way to go of course but dropping points at home to a non-USA/Mexico team hurts. 

Still at the stadium - so disappointed. Crowd was good albeit more Hondurans than i thought.

midfield was very poor in the first half. Switching Tajon and phonzie made no sense. Kamal had a shocker from my viewpoint. Honduras did exactly what they needed to do.

the bad thing is phonzie, larin , JD, Eustaqiuo etc all went 90+. Dropping points like that at home changes complexion a bit of next match. We need to go for it now