World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

12 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Honduras has arrived.  See if you can spot the gem in google translate

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/1489065-498/seleccion-honduras-toronto-canada-partido-artilleria-pesada-quioto-figueroa-bonieck-lozano

The Honduras National Team is already in Canada for next Thursday's match for the Concacaf Octagonal towards the Qatar 2022 World Cup.

Amado Guevara's reaction to the game against Canada

After three days training in San Pedro Sula, the Bicolor began its trip this Sunday and landed normally in Toronto, focused on its first fire test to be able to be in the World Cup event.

It is worth mentioning that the 'H' had traveled only with the footballers of our league and in Canada the heavy artillery was added. Romell Quioto, Boniek Garcia, Maynor Figueroa, Andy Najar and Bryan Acosta are with the group awaiting the other legionaries who will arrive this Monday and Tuesday.

Antony 'Choco' Lozano , forward for Cádiz of Spain, will join the national team tomorrow while Rigo Rivas , who today thrashed in Reggina's triumph over Ternana (3-2), will join the team on Tuesday.

Honduras Canada

On the other hand, midfielder Brayan Moya was the only one who did not travel with the rest of the squad, but he will do so via Panama, since the player has had some immigration problems and cannot enter the United States. It is expected to arrive in Canada tonight at 11:40 PM.

The team Fabian Intercourse will hold its first training in Toronto on Monday and Tuesday, and will do double duty, as reported by Gerardo Ramo s, Manager of the Honduran National Team Deportivo.

The field reconnaissance is scheduled for Wednesday at BMO Field with the full picture.

The Bicolor will start visiting their dream of qualifying for a new World Cup and will do so against one of the teams that has had a remarkable growth in recent years. The game against Canada will be played on Thursday starting at 6:05 PM, honduras de Honduras.

So where are they staying so a good fireworks display can be put on for them in the wee hours of the morning one day followed by a fire alarm LOL 

Re: squad rotation: Best 11 for the home games.

We need to win all of our non-US/Mexico home games.

If I was Berhalter, I'd target the ES and CAN games for full points and go for a draw in San Pedro Sula. A loss is Honduras would be acceptable for them, whereas dropping points at home to Canada would bring the knives out.

Beating the Yanks at home would be sweet but it's also unlikely, so I say we play the long game and go for W-D-W this window.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Surprised they are staying that far away from BMO Field.

Naw it makes sense to me. No coach will want to be around the distractions of the city life. 

I won’t be surprised if the CMNT is staying further away.  

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Naw it makes sense to me. No coach will want to be around the distractions of the city life. 

I won’t be surprised if the CMNT is staying further away.  

Canada is staying right downtown , beside the Scotia Bank Arena. Right I the heart of the city. 

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Holiday Inn Oakville (Centre), an IHG Hotel 👀

Halton boys get it done!🤣

Seriously, if there is confirmation of this, I would love to hear about some vigilante attempt to disrupt their plans.   Wouldn’t even have to be large scale - just some hallway antics and overnight door knocking.   

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Seriously, if there is confirmation of this, I would love to hear about some vigilante attempt to disrupt their plans.   Wouldn’t even have to be large scale - just some hallway antics and overnight door knocking.   

Absolutely, I do wonder where they end up training. Have they made a deal with the Oakville Soccer Club or something similar to use their fields?

I wonder what Honduras’ strategy will be for game 1. They have two home games to round out the 1st window - vs El Salvador and then the US. El Salvador is obviously the one game they have to win but they will see an opportunity at home vs the US too. I’m not sure we see their absolute strongest squad - it might be a bit of a mixed bag. 

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

I wonder what Honduras’ strategy will be for game 1. They have two home games to round out the 1st window - vs El Salvador and then the US. El Salvador is obviously the one game they have to win but they will see an opportunity at home vs the US too. I’m not sure we see their absolute strongest squad - it might be a bit of a mixed bag. 

The three game windows really makes things fascinating....how teams mix and match lineups etc is going to be key..you've got to think in the home games everyone is putting their chips in and if they are doing to rest guys, play rotational lineups it'll be in the away games...just means getting 3 points at home for everyone is absolutely vital and any points you can steal away will be massive

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

They play El Salvador away but regardless that may be their most winnable game of this round.

Davies David Buchanan

Osorio Eustaquio Hutchinson

Laryea Kennedy Vitoria Johnston

Borjan

This formation morphs into a 3-5-2 with Davies and Laryea as wingbacks quite easily.

Larin, Hoilett, Kaye sit.  Tough to sit Larin but I think he is the natural sub for David, and Buchanan is our most in form player.  We need Laryea's toughness and Concacafyness out there and Buchanan scores when he plays closer to goal.

Osorio always does well for Canada at BMO, he will be a beast out there.  

Borjan has the experience to get the job done.  Wouldn't be surprised if Crepeau gets a game this window.

Edited by BrennanFan

32 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Davies David Buchanan

Osorio Eustaquio Hutchinson

Laryea Kennedy Vitoria Johnston

Borjan

This formation morphs into a 3-5-2 with Davies and Laryea as wingbacks quite easily.

Larin, Hoilett, Kaye sit.  Tough to sit Larin but I think he is the natural sub for David, and Buchanan is our most in form player.  We need Laryea's toughness and Concacafyness out there and Buchanan scores when he plays closer to goal.

Osorio always does well for Canada at BMO, he will be a beast out there.  

Borjan has the experience to get the job done.  Wouldn't be surprised if Crepeau gets a game this window.

I like this a lot but personally would start Adekugbe over Laryea.

1 hour ago, mrstepp817 said:

The three game windows really makes things fascinating....how teams mix and match lineups etc is going to be key..you've got to think in the home games everyone is putting their chips in and if they are doing to rest guys, play rotational lineups it'll be in the away games...just means getting 3 points at home for everyone is absolutely vital and any points you can steal away will be massive

It absolutely does. Three games in rapid fire at least bring the notion of squad rotation into the minds of Herman or any head coach for that matter. You do not want to run anyone into the ground this early in the process. Now Canada does have the advantage of a pretty easy travel schedule this window with only a short trip to Nashville and back once everyone has arrived in Toronto. I think its key to getting through the first match and then they can look at the landscape and decide how they want to proceed for the final two games. Legit injuries can also come into play, but until they have to cross that bridge we shall see. It will certainly be interesting to see how Herdman and company proceed. I would not want that job but that is what they are paid to do. 

1 minute ago, theaub said:

If you're going all out at home and rotating away, have to even give some thought to having Davies take an intentional yellow late on Thursday to make sure he definitely plays against El Salvador.

I really hope Herdman is teaching the boys reasonable and non-obvious ways to get an intentional yellow (ie a clear shirt grab and tug) as opposed to Eustaqiuo’s 5 minute delayed free kick 😂

3 minutes ago, theaub said:

If you're going all out at home and rotating away, have to even give some thought to having Davies take an intentional yellow late on Thursday to make sure he definitely plays against El Salvador.

Taking intentional yellows would be nonsensical at this stage and with this format IMO. It made sense in the Gold Cup but it doesn't make sense here. This is more akin to a league format and every game is important.

We have a squad with depth and we should let the cards fall as they may and trust our players to get the job done.

Just to play devil's advocate - if Davies were to miss any match I would probably want him to miss ES at home anyhow.