World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

Wrong formation. Got to adjust. They're dominating the game and we're sacrificing our best players up the field uninvolved. Bring them back in a 3-5-2 and get some possession and service damn.

Atiba needs to come off for Osorio too. I would've said Kaye for some offense, but Kaye can let a moment be too big for him sometimes, where as we know Oso will take it to Honduras

Edited by Mattd97

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Foolish post. They've done exactly what they should do and we've let them.

Of course they'll look for gamesmanship after scoring. 

And it is probably the weakest Honduras squad in years. 

If you flop like that you have no self-respect. There have been other more reasonable examples of gamesmanship so far.

Edited by jonovision

Really disappointing but if there's a silver lining, it's that they played a lot better after they conceded, and at least there's time to come back.

I know i'm looking for a positive but It would have been worse to have conceded late with the score 0-0.

Let's see how we respond to this adversity. 

Laryea and Buchanan both starting was a mistake in retrospect. Now to get Kaye or Osorio into the middle you need to take one of them off. You could just swap out Hutch but that doesn’t solve the problem of too much space free in the middle and not enough or effective linking. 

Edited by shorty

Just now, ag futbol said:

I’m happy to keep John Herdman as president / GM / chief recruiter but we cannot suffer through coaching decisions this stupid 

Like WTF were they thinking? 

He underestimated Honduras and overestimated both Atiba and Eustaquio’s ability to control the midfield 2-3 so put out one too many attackers.

Its clear that they miss the 3 player midfield.