World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

3 hours ago, scullion44 said:

What’s the consensus you guys think Tajon starts?

I really hope so. I'd love to see Davies attacking down one side and Buchanan down the other. What a nightmare for defenders.

I'm also very excited about (at some point in the Octagonal, if not tonight) a midfield featuring Davies, Eustaquio, Hutchinson, and Buchanan. Good luck to most opposing teams trying to sustain possession for any length of time (or just get the ball back) from a group that can either close down space, control, or distribute so well.

Edited by jtpc

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Can’t remember who brought it up, but within 9 minutes they discussed 8-1.  I suspect I will be hearing about it a couple more times this evening.  

The only time I want to hear about 8-1 is in reference to how the HUGE VICTORY we get tonight has evened the score.  

2 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

Yes, this time it certainly feels different, and yes, I am trying to be optimistic, but 37 years of supporting the men’s national team has prepared me for the inevitable heartbreak. I can see Canada coming out of the first three games with anywhere from two to four points and being virtually eliminated in a week’s time. Prove me wrong, boys!

I also have to confess that if Canada doesn’t qualify for Qatar, the blame resides solely on me. I don’t have a religious bone in my body, but at the start of the women’s shootout against Sweden, I said a silent prayer to God/Buddha/Allah/Superman that if the women won the shootout, it was OK if the men didn’t qualify for Qatar. I don’t think we can ask the Higher Powers to help us out twice in such a short time. Or can we?! 

Godspeed to all. Let’s all enjoy this journey together.

Have no fear: god does not exist. And, anyways, we've got the Holy Trinity on our side: Davies, David and Buchanan.