And Canada's road to Qatar starts this week, it's finally here !!

Cblake

After a few stops and starts due to the pandemic, the exciting times for Canada kick-off as World Cup Qualifying finally begins this week. As the 26 players selected to the team for the next three games play their final club game before the break, they will start arriving in Toronto in preparation for Thursday nights opener vs. Honduras. Phonzie played a big part in Bayern's 5-0 victory yesterday and Jonathan David's Lille side plays today before he departs across the Atlantic. It's exciting times for the beautiful game in Canada these days after the women won gold, so hopefully the men can build on that and find their own success on the pitch. 

Kind of surprised there isn't a game thread yet for Thursday's game...

I've also been thinking how insane it is - that we could lineup with Lareya in our starting 11.  Which (as a huge fan of his game) makes me bit sad but also just shows how much our depth has improved.

Still not sure which I prefer a 4-3-3 with Lareya in the back right or a 3-5-2 with Davies & Buchanan as the wingbacks...but either way - super pumped for these games

57 minutes ago, Kent said:

Well then what was I watching in March and June?

Stoked for the final round though. 4 more sleeps!

Round 3, the first time Canada has been in the final stage of qualifying in most 25 years. That is what starts now.