Match Thread: August 24, 2021 - Valour v Edmonton

narduch

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

I have only made one of 3 Forge matches and probably won't be able to make any other August games (including tonight) either.  September should be easier.

1 hour ago, Ftduck said:

^Same with me for Forge games in August. Had alot of backcountry camping plans for August (poor me!) so I've missed more than i usually would. Schedule has been pretty nuts but it is what it is. I try not to look too far ahead but I'm already looking forward to, hopefully,  a normal weekend based schedule next year.

Same issue with me for the Forge matches so far. Hoping to make it out tonight, but those Sunday games haven't been great for me after planning out my August. 

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

You'd be better looking at the stands 15 minutes in rather than a minute fifty in if you want a feel for capacity....

1:40 in the highlights youtube clip was around the 40 min mark in the game, so not too bad timing from that sort of standpoint. Why so many Canadian soccer fans drift in 15 minutes late and can't stay focused on a game for 45 minutes straight is something I have never quite been able to understand, especially given how it tends to be more of an issue with the expensive seats. Why pay $60 for something they don't even make the effort to watch all the way through? 

4 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

1:40 in the highlights youtube clip was around the 40 min mark in the game, so not too bad timing from that sort of standpoint. Why so many Canadian soccer fans drift in 15 minutes late and can't stay focused on a game for 45 minutes straight is something I have never quite been able to understand, especially given how it tends to be more of an issue with the expensive seats. Why pay $60 for something they don't even make the effort to watch all the way through? 

Imagine someone scores the goal of the century or a brawl breaks out or there's a backheel flip that makes the highlight reels. And you went to the game but didn't happen to be in your seat when it happened. 

I thought this was an American kind of wander around the concourse as if it's a mall and stuff your face sort of thing. You know, instead of just watching go somewhere and hate yourself. But once not too long ago went to see baseball in Seattle and those Mariners fans at Safeco watched every pitch, without fail, didn't even leave for the 7th inning stretch. Admirable. What I see in European football with a few exceptions. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Imagine someone scores the goal of the century or a brawl breaks out or there's a backheel flip that makes the highlight reels. And you went to the game but didn't happen to be in your seat when it happened. 

I thought this was an American kind of wander around the concourse as if it's a mall and stuff your face sort of thing. You know, instead of just watching go somewhere and hate yourself. But once not too long ago went to see baseball in Seattle and those Mariners fans at Safeco watched every pitch, without fail, didn't even leave for the 7th inning stretch. Admirable. What I see in European football with a few exceptions. 

Even sitting in TFC's supporters section at the height of its popularity it amazed me how much I had to make room for people coming and going during the game.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Here's an outrageous idea. Why don't you try going to a game for a change and asking those people why they're not in their seats. Oh that's right...it's because you don't actually support Canadian soccer...you just bitch about it. Am I wrong Ozzie or did I offend your sensitivities again?