Match Thread: August 22, 2021 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

narduch

Halftime here and Wanderers full value for their lead. Halifax defensive setup is working perfectly and even the two injury substitutions haven't fazed them. Unfortunately I'm a Forge fan so this isn't making my stadium beer taste any better but you have to give credit where it's due. Hopefully a stern talking to from Bobby the Beard at halftime will rectify things. Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Halftime here and Wanderers full value for their lead. Halifax defensive setup is working perfectly and even the two injury substitutions haven't fazed them. Unfortunately I'm a Forge fan so this isn't making my stadium beer taste any better but you have to give credit where it's due. Hopefully a stern talking to from Bobby the Beard at halftime will rectify things. Time will tell.

I don’t consider myself a beer snob by any means, but the Pacific branded beer I had in stadium this weekend was god awful. I’ve bought it in store before and I don’t remember it being so bad 

3 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Its been a tough season but wow. That's a hard one to swallow. Honestly it may be time to look to move on from Oxner. I love the guy but he has been a liability this year for sure. There are a few goals this year I felt he should have stopped. That however was a back breaker.

Maybe im being too harsh on Oxner. I dunno? Am I being too harsh? Loss got me so rattled im debating with myself  lol

That was an entertaining afternoon of football at THF, credit to both teams for playing as well as they did in that extreme heat, it was very hot in the stands but we were able to cool down with ice cold $5 beers!🍺 Forge really looked like they were worn out after the midweek match down in El Salvador, the squad is not to deep and had a couple of more injuries yesterday! Halifax were playing the perfect match playing with the lead and looked like they were going to see it out, they clogged up the middle of the pitch giving Forge nothing and crosses from the wings are not so effective with the forwards who played yesterday, I'm not sure if the goal was a shot or cross but Oxner certainly got his starting position wrong, harsh for the Wanderers but great for our celebration at the end!

Really glad to see Krutzen back in the squad. Hoping Tissot is nearly at 100% again, would like to get him some longer shifts.

Doner seems to be the standout everytime that I've watched HFX this year.

Who has been consistently starting at CB for the Wanderers this season? I was a bit surprised when I noticed that Schaale and Geffard have had limited minutes. I assume that Sow has been playing in the middle, how has he looked? I thought Restrepo/Ruby were more of outside backs, but one of them must be spending some time in the middle too?

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Really glad to see Krutzen back in the squad. Hoping Tissot is nearly at 100% again, would like to get him some longer shifts.

With Samuel having to be subbed out with an injury the timing of Krutzen's return couldn't be better, he looked solid yesterday, stepped right back into the team without any noticeable rust, now if we can get Jakovich and Babouli back that would help immensly!

Edited by gator