MLSE announces new health and safety protocols to attend matches at BMO Field and other venues.

Cblake

Starting later next month, you will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination to attend matches at BMO Field. Not sure if this will be in effect for the September matches, but after that I fully expect the new requirements to be in place. 

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/8/17/22629482/mlse-announces-new-health-and-safety-protocols-to-attend-matches

Edited by Cblake

17 minutes ago, rkomar said:

What actually constitutes Proof of Vaccination?  Here in Ontario, I got those little printouts after getting the shots.  Would showing those be proof?

Lurking on reddit and seems for Portland Timber games even a showing a picture of your printout from your phone would do the trick. My impression from the thread was that checks were not overly stringent, fwiw.

24 minutes ago, rkomar said:

What actually constitutes Proof of Vaccination?  Here in Ontario, I got those little printouts after getting the shots.  Would showing those be proof?

You can download and print out your vaccination record here in Ontario on the Ministry of Health website. You can save the PDF to your phone too. 

35 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

BMO Field isn’t owned by MLSE so this won’t apply there. Either that or it’s a poorly written release. I believe it is not even called BMO when the National Team plays there, but the National Soccer Stadium

Been widely reported to include city owned but mlse operated facilities such as bmo and coca cola colliseum. 

dont think its been referred to the national soccer stadium for over a decade. Sure says bmo on all the csa’s advertisements and tickets. 

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

BMO Field isn’t owned by MLSE so this won’t apply there. Either that or it’s a poorly written release. I believe it is not even called BMO when the National Team plays there, but the National Soccer Stadium

MLSE runs it, and it's the only stadium that the release could possibly be talking about.

As for the name, it's only ever been called the National Soccer Stadium during the FIFA U20 World Cups in 2007 and 2014. It was also called Exhibition Stadium during the 2015 Pan Am Games.

The rest of the time it's been known as BMO Field, including every CSA event ever held there.

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

MLSE manages the facility, BMO Field on behalf of the City of Toronto who owns its. 

While that may be true, directing health protocols for another organizations event would not fall into their scope in that role. It’s likely the CSA will follow suit but just saying. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

While that may be true, directing health protocols for another organizations event would not fall into their scope in that role. It’s likely the CSA will follow suit but just saying. 

The CSA would be using MLSE employees and signing contracts with MLSE to use the facility, so the chances of them not falling in line are slim to none.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

In that case, it’s option (b), a poorly- written release. 

Perhaps, but it gets the point across. There are further details coming.

3 hours ago, RS said:

MLSE runs it, and it's the only stadium that the release could possibly be talking about.

As for the name, it's only ever been called the National Soccer Stadium during the FIFA U20 World Cups in 2007 and 2014. It was also called Exhibition Stadium during the 2015 Pan Am Games.

The rest of the time it's been known as BMO Field, including every CSA event ever held there.

Interestingly, i believe it was called BMO field even when the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions league matches were played there.  That one i found odd given that sponsors pay for exclusivity and yet one org had the name plastered on the stadium and the ad boards showed a competitors name. 

There must have been some very pissed off executives in the board rooms over that one.

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

Interestingly, i believe it was called BMO field even when the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions league matches were played there.  That one i found odd given that sponsors pay for exclusivity and yet one org had the name plastered on the stadium and the ad boards showed a competitors name. 

Yep. Welcome to pro soccer in the 21st century, where two Canadian banks can be represented in Mexico during a continental final (both Montreal and Toronto wear BMO on their shirts and have been in the Scotiabank CCL final against Mexican sides).