WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

12 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Jamaica levels. 

That is sweet.  

5 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Given how well Panama has been playing, I think it would have been better for Mexico to win and take the full points.  

I get it.  But any home pints dropped by others is still a decent result for us.  Lower totals all around mean less and less required to advance.  A Mexican win might have been preferable but I will take the draw for sure.  

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I get it.  But any home pints dropped by others is still a decent result for us.  Lower totals all around mean less and less required to advance.  A Mexican win might have been preferable but I will take the draw for sure.  

I get that, and it's not the worst.  But I think at this point what we want is Mexico to rampage through everyone except us.  So Panama picking up the extra point isn't ideal.

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I get that, and it's not the worst.  But I think at this point what we want is Mexico to rampage through everyone except us.  So Panama picking up the extra point isn't ideal.

The only drawback is if Mexico start gifting points to our competitors in January and March because they are already (or almost) through.  We last play them in November so I would prefer they still have something to play for in the later windows.  

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Did you just see Adams exasperated response and facial expression to Berhalter while grabbing water when his coach was telling him to do something!? Basically replying to his coach that he doesn't know what he's talking about.. crazy. Speaking of losing his players

Edited by saintjoes

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Best way to resolve this - get 3 points against them in October at home. 

5 minutes ago, 99bottlesofkvass said:

It's early and Honduras is already dominating the Yanks and just as usual the US can't attack or shoot. Canada and the US seemed to switch places where the US is playing like 2013 Canada or worse.

You guys Have amazing depth I honestly don’t know what kinda shitty ass line up berhalter pull out there. Getting a top manager for US program would make a huge difference. Also I want to ask what do Americans see in Sargent? I know he’s young and all but don’t see how he’s so highly rated 

Tight pitch down there, smallish.  I have to admit there are a few American players I like and will be sorry to see them abused by this tourney, however, better you than me, pal.

It's amazing how so much comes down to the mental side of things at his level.  Waaaay to early to panic in the US camp so far as I'm concerned but won't complain about whatever troubles they burden themselves with.

And just like that, 1-nil Honduras.  

Ha ha ha ha. 

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

Honduras scores. Is Berhalter actually gonna get fired if they lose?

I think changing coaches at this point would be devastating for the Americans.  Imagine trying to implement a new system in this tournament?  Do you go with a coach who has lost the team or a coach that will have the team spending the next 3 or 4 games trying to figure out a new system?  You only have 2 or 3 days of prep before the first game in these windows.