WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

15 hours ago, Floortom said:

Great, and obviously the sensible decision,  but what is this based on? Did he confirm it with concacaf?

Good question. The FIFA regulations state that cards are cleared between the preliminary ROUND (no distinction between difference phases) and the FINALS. He better have formal confirmation and not be mixing that up/getting that from a mixed up source.

Until then I will cringe if Davies, etc get a card in the game.

Edited by Redpunkfiddle

10 hours ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Good question. The FIFA regulations state that cards are cleared between the preliminary ROUND (no distinction between difference phases) and the FINALS. He better have formal confirmation and not be mixing that up/getting that from a mixed up source.

Until then I will cringe if Davies, etc get a card in the game.

I trust Neil Davidson, though.  He's one of those old-school beat reporters that doesn't report anything until he's confirmed it seven times or so. 🙂

20 hours ago, jonovision said:

Canada probably needs to erase at least one of those "nevers" in order to qualify.

Yes.  The mindset need to change.  Canada will need to get some points in some of those locales where previously it was thought that we need to escape with our scalps in tact.  As much as it is believed that you cant win in mexico,  there have been teams in concacaf who have gotten results down there.  Same thing goes for away games in Honduras, CRC, Jamaica, ES, etc.

Edited by Free kick

24 minutes ago, Shway said:

The thing with Cav he likes to play like he’s a DM, and loves a challenge or a slide tackle. I would say if he appears to take it easy, but he’s a guy where you can’t tell him that.

If you think you can tell him to play any other way than he does, you have lost it. Simply not going to happen, its not in his mindset. 

36 minutes ago, Shway said:

The thing with Cav he likes to play like he’s a DM, and loves a challenge or a slide tackle.

Which is fine except he tackles like a forward.   Not CONCACRAP friendly.

No sir.  Not at all.

Wonder who's ref'ing tonight?

Just now, narduch said:

Listened to the One Soccer post game show driving home.

KJ sort of speculated the game v US will have a totally different line up.

It's why so few subs were mad today

Yah..that’s what I’m thinking 

clearly guys like MAK, Doneil, Kennedy, Piette were being earmarked for the US.

im not sure what we’re going to do up top though. 

To add to this 

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Yah..that’s what I’m thinking 

clearly guys like MAK, Doneil, Kennedy, Piette were being earmarked for the US.

im not sure what we’re going to do up top though. 

to add to this - I think it’s highly likely that the plan was to sub out Phonzie, JD, Larin etc in the mid second half to save them for the US. Obviously that plan went awry when we had to chase the game.