WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

He's travelling with Bassong - was in Toronto but has nothing to do with the National Team. 

I'd like to think watching the match fits in there somewhere.

I wonder, do these guys get free tickets or perhaps some kind of pass, given they are national team players?

Like, how close do they get to the team in these instances? Are they allowed to attend training without participating? Are they allowed in the dressing room on game day? Are they just considered another fan like the rest of us?

Super curious. 

Edited by Obinna

47 minutes ago, gator said:

A daunting task ahead, this group should have the potential to change things!

Although I agree with most everyone else that it is harder to win away in CONCACAF than it might seem it should be on paper, I'd like some context to these numbers. Particularly, how many times have each of these rivals played away against each opponent in WCQ.

Canada probably needs to erase at least one of those "nevers" in order to qualify.

Not super surprised Pulisic isn't traveling....Europe travel and not playing for almost two weeks...probably going to focus on getting him back for the last two games....might see some other Europe based guys not start fot the States in El Salvador....Steffen I bet doesn't play....cant risk running him out and then 20 min in he's got to come out and you burn a sub

Ocho team by transfermarkt value (if you put any stock in those kind of things):

1) USA - $298.43M

2) Mexico - $195.58M

3) Canada - $179.99M

4) Jamaica - $103.46M

5) Costa Rica - $31.93

6) Panama - $17.08M

7) Honduras - $13.12M

😎 El Salvador - $4.57M

For a global comparison - the teams that placed 3rd in their group at 2018 World Cup:

Saudi Arabia - $31.90M

Iran - $81.04M

Peru - $78.65M

Nigeria - ???

Serbia - $397.43M

South Korea - $142.62M

Tunisia - $57.70M

Senegal - $329.90M

Edited by A_Gagne

14 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Ocho team by transfermarkt value (if you put any stock in those kind of things):

1) USA - $298.43M

2) Mexico - $195.58M

3) Canada - $179.99M

4) Jamaica - $103.46M

5) Costa Rica - $31.93

6) Panama - $17.08M

7) Honduras - $13.12M

😎 El Salvador - $4.57M

For a global comparison - the teams that placed 3rd in their group at 2018 World Cup:

Saudi Arabia - $31.90M

Iran - $81.04M

Peru - $78.65M

Nigeria - ???

Serbia - $397.43M

South Korea - $142.62M

Tunisia - $57.70M

Senegal - $329.90M

Looks like a future phd dissertation