WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

Here is me spitballing the starting XI for USA. 

David              Larin                 Hoilett

Davies   Estáquio  Hutchinson   Buchanan

Laryea                 Vittoria             Henry

Borjan
Subs:
Corbenneau (if down) 
Oso (if tied)
Kaye (if tied)
Piette (if leading) 
Cavallini  (if down)
Wotherspoon (only in event of injury)
Pantemis (only in event of injury)

🤤🤤🤤

17 minutes ago, executivestepdad said:

Borjan
Subs:
Corbenneau (if down) 
Oso (if tied)
Kaye (if tied)
Piette (if leading) 
Cavallini  (if down)

🤤🤤🤤

That front 7 is the best I’ve ever seen for Canada

defense looks shoddy

1 minute ago, SpecialK said:

Did everyone catch what he said during the pregame show about Canada. He was surprised about no Arfield and the small squad and he didn’t seem happy to me. I honestly don’t think it was about TSN. 

Can you elaborate on his comments?

I also do not think this has anything to do with TSN. 

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Can you elaborate on his comments?

I also do not think this has anything to do with TSN. 

I wish they had a reply of it. Just mainly Arfield is so flexible and great player to have. Also he talked about the U.S bring in 27 players and Canada bring a small roster. 3 games in a week bla bla. But he wasn’t his excited self. He seems pissed to me maybe I am wrong but that’s the vide I got. Also he loves Miller. 

1 hour ago, executivestepdad said:

Borjan
Subs:
Corbenneau (if down) 
Oso (if tied)
Kaye (if tied)
Piette (if leading) 
Cavallini  (if down)

🤤🤤🤤

Theo didnt get called up. 

I still can't find anything official from Jamaica but David Moyes had this to say in a press conference yesterday about Michail Antonio making his first appearance for the Reggae Boyz.

"Mich has been selected but two of the games are in red [list] countries [Mexico and Costa Rica], so he can't go," Moyes said referring to the UK Government's travel restrictions.

"There is one which he could possibly play, which is next weekend, but at the moment we are hearing Jamaica is [on the] amber [list] and very close to red, so it might be he misses it even if does decide to go. We are waiting on clarification."

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/news/moyes-west-ham-transfer-message-21423288

Now Moyes does not seem to know the procedure, nothing is going to change for three weeks now. And he could technically, go to the first two but would have to quarantine, unless Moyes is taking the Premier League's current stance as law, which is really isn't.  And if he misses the middle game at home in Jamaica, and the others, he wouldn't  really be "decid[ing] to go."

Nevertheless couple conclusions.

1) Jamaica has made some kind of move.

2) David Moyes, who is not generally stupid, does not really understand what is going either. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

So with the understanding that yellows carry through the whole WCQ cycle, aside from a poster here I haven’t seen this confirmed, I went back from the Bermuda game on and tallied where we are on yellows.  There are actually a bunch of players sitting on one.  Given how important the ES win is, I wonder if someone pulls a Eustaquio for a second yellow in the Honduras game.

Vitoria (Bermuda)

Davies (Suriname)

Kaye (Haiti 1)

Laryea (Haiti 1)

Henry (Haiti 2)

Hoilett (Haiti 2)

Just now, trc2014 said:

So with the understanding that yellows carry through the whole WCQ cycle, aside from a poster here I haven’t seen this confirmed, I went back from the Bermuda game on and tallied where we are on yellows.  There are actually a bunch of players sitting on one.  Given how important the ES win is, I wonder if someone pulls a Eustaquio for a second yellow in the Honduras game.

Vitoria (Bermuda)

Davies (Suriname)

Kaye (Haiti 1)

Laryea (Haiti 1)

Henry (Haiti 2)

Hoilett (Haiti 2)

Good point - The good news is with all this squad rotation required during these three match windows it should be fairly easy to strategically draw a yellow to reset the tally 

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Good point - The good news is with all this squad rotation required during these three match windows it should be fairly easy to strategically draw a yellow to reset the tally 

Given how light the team is on forwards, I’m  even more concerned given Davies and Hoilett are on yellows.

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

That makes perfect sense. If you know you're playing the first and third match of the window and you're on a yellow, draw another one late in the first match so that the match you miss is the one you weren't going to play in anyway.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:47 AM, A_Gagne said:

Surprised no journalist seems to have asked why 23 not 26? It's an obvious question. Weird.

With an obvious answer though? Doesn't want to take players away from their club if they have no chance of playing. Think he might have already answered this point previously during games earlier this summer?

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Don’t like that Quioto came on and got one and almost had another (marginal offside) last night for Montreal.  I definitely wouldn’t have minded having him miss the first window.  

This season Quioto has had many ups and downs. It may just be a blessing in disguise that he had a good game against T.O. That means he'll have one of his downs the next game.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

This season Quioto has had many ups and downs. It may just be a blessing in disguise that he had a good game against T.O. That means he'll have one of his downs the next game.

I wish I agreed, but I think he will be up for it and be a huge pain in the ass for our defence.