WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

4 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

TSN has confirmed that they are broadcasting USA vs Canada game on Sunday September 5 at 9 PM EST.

Looks like an hour delay from OneSoccer.

Its on at 8 PM on TSN4.  Joins on delay on some of the other channels.

They are not showing the game on tape delay.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Probably due to conflicts with TSN. I.e if he can’t come to Nashville or other qualifiers that’s bush league. 

That would be my guess as well.  Maybe he was told pick one, as he was spread too thin?

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Probably due to conflicts with TSN. I.e if he can’t come to Nashville or other qualifiers that’s bush league. 

Not sure Caldwell would phrase that as "they have decided to go in a different direction". Sounds like either another existing assistant coach takes over  or a new hire 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Not sure Caldwell would phrase that as "they have decided to go in a different direction". Sounds like either another existing assistant coach takes over  or a new hire 

Caldwell's phrasing seems like redundancy/fired-speak spin.  Maybe Herdman got tired of hearing the word "quality" all the time? 

Edited by BearcatSA

So, for anyone curious as we head towards the window, the Montreal-TFC game also has Laryea, Miller and Piette starting, with Oso on the bench.    With TFC done for the season, I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing those guys take it easy for this one. Let’s not pick up any silly injuries in a dead rubber match - “Canadian Classico” or not.   

35 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So, for anyone curious as we head towards the window, the Montreal-TFC game also has Laryea, Miller and Piette starting, with Oso on the bench.    With TFC done for the season, I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing those guys take it easy for this one. Let’s not pick up any silly injuries in a dead rubber match - “Canadian Classico” or not.   

You mean like a 30th minute sub?