Peterborough Welcomes Electric City Football Club

Cblake

Season tickets are now on sale, seems things have been going well so far per the email I got today, great to see. A Supporter season ticket is $200, $25 more than one is for York United at $175, interesting. 

We are so excited to announce that the Electric City FC 2022 Season Tickets are now available to the public!

We are completely overwhelmed by the support we received from our Season Ticket pre launch the last two days, selling over $35,000! 

We can't wait to lace up the cleats, step out on the pitch and together with your support have the most successful year possible!

Tickets can be purchased by following the link below 
https://www.electriccityfc.com/tickets

The Electric City Supporters' Trust is now selling memberships for $40. Is that cost for annual or lifetime?

The time has come. 

Today, the Electric City Supporters’ Trust is announcing the launch of membership applications. Our President, Jeremy Corke, said it perfectly: “North American sports is big business and it often leaves the average fan without a voice. The Trust gives the fans a voice and sense of ownership in the game.”

In the UK, many footballing communities have benefitted greatly as a result of Football Trusts, and we want to offer those benefits to Peterborough/Nogojiwanong, and the Kawarthas. Each individual member in the Trust will be able to have a sense of ownership in the game in our community.

Through the direct involvement of individuals like yourself, we will be able to promote football from grassroots, all the way to pro-footballing in the region, to create a sustainable football community for generations to come.

It is time to get "onto the pitch". Sub in, will you?

1 hour ago, Blue and White Army said:

The Electric City Supporters' Trust is now selling memberships for $40. Is that cost for annual or lifetime?

The time has come. 

Today, the Electric City Supporters’ Trust is announcing the launch of membership applications. Our President, Jeremy Corke, said it perfectly: “North American sports is big business and it often leaves the average fan without a voice. The Trust gives the fans a voice and sense of ownership in the game.”

In the UK, many footballing communities have benefitted greatly as a result of Football Trusts, and we want to offer those benefits to Peterborough/Nogojiwanong, and the Kawarthas. Each individual member in the Trust will be able to have a sense of ownership in the game in our community.

Through the direct involvement of individuals like yourself, we will be able to promote football from grassroots, all the way to pro-footballing in the region, to create a sustainable football community for generations to come.

It is time to get "onto the pitch". Sub in, will you?

Not sure, I registered to join, waiting to hear exactly what the details. In regards to the roster, ECFC added another pro experienced player in Zak Drake. Played for Las Vegas Lights in USL among a number of clubs around the world. This roster is really taking shape. 

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

The full roster seems to be available on the League1 website. Two more notable signings that I don't think were announced:

Cavalry USPORTS draft pick Caden Rogozinski 

20 Year Old former York United third string keeper Eleias Himaras

Yep, those two players have certainly have been announced by the team, the roster on the league site sits at 16 while the one on the ECFC lists 14. Caden is another great pick up, interesting he ended up in Peterborough based on this tweet. None the less has a lot to offer. Eleias will likely be the backup to Q. 

• 3 weeks later...

Things are looking good for Saturday, the stands are going in and everything is coming together. About 800-900 seats have been sold so far and they are hoping for a sell out crowd of 1,900 with a good walk up. The weather looks to be on their side Saturday. Looking forward to it.

A crew sets up bleachers, tents and advertising to create a new environment at Fleming College for their home games on Thursday, May 5, 2022 in Peterborough, Ont. Electric City FC will host Windsor TFC for their home opener on Saturday starting at 8 p.m.

The Supporters End

A crew sets up advertising, bleachers and tents to create a new environment at Fleming College for their home games on Thursday, May 5, 2022 in Peterborough, Ont. Electric City FC will host Windsor TFC for their home opener on Saturday starting at 8 p.m.

Maybe this is the future of League One where well run smaller city clubs can put fans in the stands as the entertainment options are far more limited than in bigger cities.  Kinda like major junior hockey in Canada.  The players are definitely in the big cities and their suburbs presently and so are many of the soccer fans but if soccer can get a foothold in the smaller centres, there is real hope for it culturally in this country which is paramount to it becoming accepted nation wide like hockey. 

I was also there on Saturday night and it was definitely a fun atmosphere! Lucky for me my wife and I picked seats near the Windsor net in the first half so I had a great view of all 3 goals :) I'm pretty sure the kid that was seated in front of me will have permanent hearing damage after that match, I may have gotten a bit carried away with my celebrations.  Aside from 1 of the 2 food trucks running out of food everything seamed to run pretty smoothly, and the crowd was surprisingly loud for the roughly 1500 that were there.  All in all it was a great evening and I will be going to many more games for sure! also, that Electric Ale is pretty tasty 🍺

Edited by ClashCitySoccer

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rydermike said:

3rd head coach already. 

I didn't realize they had already gone through a coach. Any ideas what is going on? They have only played 5 games. Do they fire their coach after every loss?

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I didn't realize they had already gone through a coach. Any ideas what is going on? They have only played 5 games. Do they fire their coach after every loss?

First coach (Mike Marroccia) left prior to the season due to unforeseen personal reasons. That seems legit and no one's fault.

https://northerntribune.ca/electric-city-fc-michael-marcoccia-leave/

Still though firing this coach four games in isn't a good look. 

• 4 weeks later...