Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Preliminary Round - Leg 1: Forge FC v CD FAS - August 12, 2021

I don't know what the rules are on matches that have to be abandoned due to weather or power failures, you would think a back up generator to power field lights and safety essentials in the stadium would be mandatory in these stadiums!

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Well a bit of a weird one, but a 3-1 win isn’t a bad way to open the series.  Should be enough if they can keep things steady in the away leg.   Good job to Forge.  

I think I would have been pleased leaving THF up 3-1, there's still work to do but as you say it is a good start!

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

A good performance but you feel they could have had more if they had better options off the bench. Son was really poor and we couldn’t get anything going once he came on despite many chances to break. 

I thought he was poor as well, hopefully Babouli's is precautionary, Bekker will be back so there will be options, I think Forge have another goal in them !

Just now, gator said:

I thought he was poor as well, hopefully Babouli's is precautionary, Bekker will be back so there will be options, I think Forge have another goal in them !

Well considering we just beat them 3-1 away and now have a break while they play away (and we get our best player back) I would expect another win.

But that is contingent on Babouli coming back or someone else stepping into the CF role. He’s excellent at this level. Strong and a great dribbler. I wonder why we can’t get Omar Browne this week? Considering we’re away and could use him.