Olympics Gold Medal Final: Canada vs. Sweden - Friday, August 6th - Tokyo, Japan - 8 am Eastern / 5 am Pacific

Cblake

2 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

If you're concerned about one the greatest strikers of all time being subbed off, I'm sure you wouldn't have been happy with one of the greatest strikers of all time not starting in the biggest game of her career. Priestman didn't know it would be a tie game with 5 minutes left.

Wrong. I would have been happy with her being subbed on at halftime knowing she'd be on the pitch for the rest of the match.

Just now, JohnnyFranchise said:

Wrong. I would have been happy with her being subbed on at halftime knowing she'd be on the pitch for the rest of the match.

Hindsight is 20/20 my friend. I'm putting my faith into the women who are on the field, bring on extra time!

Yeah I was thinking before the game I'd be ok with bev throwing a curveball and starting Viens and bringing in Sinc at HT but it's probably better to have younger legs come on (and Huitema has looked more sharp and positive than earlier games so far)

Just now, DavemTFC said:

Sweden has the advantage if this goes to penalties as they haven't been in a shootout yet this tournament. Canada has.

Italy did it last month though so we could still do it especially with a very good pen stopping keeper in Labbe

Not sure I follow your logic.  

Labbe has been a monster against PKs.  At worst we are 50-50.