2021 Canadian Premier League Attendance

• 2 weeks later...

We need to have a season where the majority of matches are on weekends with decent weather and try to get critical playoff matches in earlier too. If we could finish in where the World Cup is about to start that'd be great. 

For me the real problem is our inadequate stadiums, like in Edmonton and maybe York. And the oversized ones. We have just PFC, Cavalry and HFX on the right track. 

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We need to have a season where the majority of matches are on weekends with decent weather and try to get critical playoff matches in earlier too. If we could finish in where the World Cup is about to start that'd be great. 

For me the real problem is our inadequate stadiums, like in Edmonton and maybe York. And the oversized ones. We have just PFC, Cavalry and HFX on the right track. 

The big stadiums aren't going away, unfortunately. In the case of Winnipeg, and I imagine at least one other team, filling calendar dates at the big stadium is basically the only reason they have a team.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The oversized stadiums are never going to change. The CFL owners own the teams, and the economics of the teams simply don't work if they can't leverage their facility rights for their soccer teams. Atletico might if OSEG jerks them around, but given there is no facility remotely close to the level of TD Place in Ottawa, I sincerely doubt that happens. That's not to say Atletico couldn't if they really wanted to build their own facility, it's just I don't see them suddenly deciding "Yeah, we got $50 mil to burn on a new facility for our farm's farm."

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

And better scheduling. With Pacific its always been 0 home games for ages and then 3 in a week. Usually games have been scheduled after work or early on a Sat or Sunday

I'm probably the odd man out here, but . . . I honestly don't mind the large stadia. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to (finally) take in a match at the Wanderers Grounds or Starlight, but I've never had an issue with the Fury/Atletico at TD Place. Modern facility, decent amenities, fantastic location, and even though the north stand is empty, having all the fans concentrated in the lower bowl on the south stand (with a few in the boxes above), it still makes for a wicked atmosphere. I've never felt that it was too spread or or that the fans were being "swallowed" in a facility that was too big. 

12 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

I'm probably the odd man out here, but . . . I honestly don't mind the large stadia. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to (finally) take in a match at the Wanderers Grounds or Starlight, but I've never had an issue with the Fury/Atletico at TD Place. Modern facility, decent amenities, fantastic location, and even though the north stand is empty, having all the fans concentrated in the lower bowl on the south stand (with a few in the boxes above), it still makes for a wicked atmosphere. I've never felt that it was too spread or or that the fans were being "swallowed" in a facility that was too big. 

I agree.  I love going to IG stadium to watch.  Don’t think we need a smaller one

I agree with the previous 2 posts, I quite like Tim Horton Field, it has great amenities and is a quality game day experience, though it was cold and windy there yesterday our out of town guests including @Club Linesman seem to agree! It's too bad Brian Timmis Stadium got demolished for the rebuild because a retrofit of that facility might have been perfect for Forge but this is where we're at and where we will be in the foreseeable future! 

Edited by gator

I also dont mind THF. It's not the intamate and covered 10 000 seat SSS that we all want but it works just fine. Every game, my father and I talk about how great it will be WHEN the entire lower bowl is regularly full.  It will be rockin! Gotta focus on the positives and remember we didnt even have this league to support 4 short years ago. This league is definitely on the up swing. 

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Let's have a fun bet.

(Better than debating free tickets)

Which of those 3 stadiums will get fans on both lower bowl sides consistently?

Tim Hortons Field

Investors Group Field 

TD Place

That's tough. How was Valours attendance in 2019? I cant remember. Hamilton was starting to get 6 to 8 thousand in the first year.  It didnt seem like much because we were seated on both sides of the pitch. However,  looking at some of my photos from that year, the crowds looked good to me!  

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Let's have a fun bet.

(Better than debating free tickets)

Which of those 3 stadiums will get fans on both lower bowl sides consistently?

Tim Hortons Field

Investors Group Field 

TD Place

THF.

People seem to forget that nobody outside of hard-core people know about this league. The more mainstream traction it gets, the more rear ends you will see in seats.