Jump to content

GC: Canada vs Mexico - Thursday, July 29th, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - Houston TX


Recommended Posts

I've been trying to find videos on youtube of Mexican-based pundits talking about Canada ahead of the semi-final as I'm curious as to what they might be saying about us, but the only one I have found the Mexican pundits seem more interested in talking about how shit and unimpressive they think the US is in this tourney. Is that perhaps the ultimate insult - they think we are so shit they aren't even going to talk about how allegedly shit we are?

 

Edited by Gian-Luca
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I've been trying to find videos on youtube of Mexican-based pundits talking about Canada ahead of the semi-final as I'm curious as to what they might be saying about us, but the only one I have found the Mexican pundits seem more interested in talking about how shit and unimpressive they think the US is in this tourney. Is that perhaps the ultimate insult - they think we are so shit they aren't even going to talk about how allegedly shit we are?

 

Another here:

"And now they're going to face a more serious team, Canada, harder working and with more options than Costa Rica, I believe this will be a serious game for the Mexican team". 

"Now Mexico will face a very different team than they've ve faced so far. In the second half against El Salvador, El Salvador recovered the ball from Mexico, they pressed Mexico, and that was a team without the physicality, and without the capacity to box in an opponent like Canada has. Perhaps El Salvador has more creativity than Canada, but today El Salvador doesn't have the tools Canada has, Canada is a team with speed and strength 1 v 1, Canada can corner Mexico, and they know how to create scoring opportunities, these are points that should be passing through the head of Tata Martino. We are going to see sensational duels, Gallardo v. Tajon Buchanan, this will be difficult for Mexico to navigate... ". 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Another here:

 

"And now they're going to face a more serious team, Canada, harder working and with more options than Costa Rica, I believe this will be a serious game for the Mexican team". 

"Now Mexico will face a very different team than they've ve faced so far. In the second half against El Salvador, El Salvador recovered the ball from Mexico, they pressed Mexico, and that was a team without the physicality, and without the capacity to box in an opponent like Canada has. Perhaps El Salvador has more creativity than Canada, but today El Salvador doesn't have the tools Canada has, Canada is a team with speed and strength 1 v 1, Canada can corner Mexico, and they know how to create scoring opportunities, these are points that should be passing through the head of Tata Martino. We are going to see sensational duels, Gallardo v. Tajon Buchanan, this will be difficult for Mexico to navigate... ". 

The last guy talked about the danger of Cyle Larin (pronounced "sile"), so I am not sure they are paying that close attention. They did not mention Stephan, nor the players who are carded and won't play.

The other thing they think, that I found worth repeating, is that we can close them down in their end and stymie their outlets. Then, that their striker, Funes Mori, is more a guy to be in the box battling with the CBs and that he may lose in the air and Mexico may have problems finding him. So that they'd do better to not rely on him or else not play him there--and try to get mobility in attack and other variations to get through us.

I personally agree that Mexico can do just this, combine in a way that can cause us problems as we fail to see who to mark where and fail to observe how the play is developing. In any case, we are going to need more numbers back and be helping each other a lot on coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

By the way, Canada paying 6 to win and 18 to win 2-1 if you think that's that'll be the final scoreline.

Just saying.

Made $290 on top of a $200 bet on Sunday... Staying away from this one though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Just thinking about how we could employ a 4-2-2-2 here and I like it. 

 

-----------Hoilett---Buchanan-------------

------------Kaye---Osorio----------------

------------Piette--Eustaquio-------------

Laryea-----Miller----Henry------Johnston

----------------Crepeau---------------

I posted literally this exact lineup on page 2 of this thread. Basically, Buchanan taking the role Davies had in the USA at BMO game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is game day but I guess we'll see if Canada makes their first Gold Cup Final since 2000 by beating Mexico tonight or if this is as far as they go. But tonight is a late night game...10 pm ET. 

Edited by TGAA_Star
X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

Tonight is game day but I guess we'll see if Canada makes their first Gold Cup Final since 2000 by beating Mexico tonight or if this is as far as they go. But tonight is a late night game...10 pm ET. 

Semi finals are Thursday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just crazy to me how some of these "football nations" can be so ignorant about other national teams and players that play at top levels. Surely these Mexican journalists know about Timothy Weah and Eugene Pizzuto.. yet they don't know about one of the best players on the same club? The same guy who won the Golden Boot at the last Gold Cup?! Truthfully, I think we have the most knowledgeable football media in CONCACAF. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...