GC: Canada vs Costa Rica - Sunday, July 25th, 7pm Eastern / 4pm Pacific - Arlington TX

1 minute ago, Addona said:

This might be a dumb question, but what is Hoilett’s hand thing… also does it when he scores. I’m hoping to see it a couple of times tonight, but I don’t know what it means?!?

I always thought it was a Cardiff thing (the Bluebirds). But he’s still doing it so I probably assumed wrong 

Edited by Floortom

1 minute ago, Addona said:

This might be a dumb question, but what is Hoilett’s hand thing… also does it when he scores. I’m hoping to see it a couple of times tonight, but I don’t know what it means?!?

Yup. It's for his little boy. He did it once and his kid was amused, so he kept it. I thought it was mimicing the Cardiff bluebird.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

A bit disappointed Sammy doesn’t get the start alongside Eustaquio.   I just like the defensive solidity he brings.   

For me the Kaye versus Piette was always gonna be 50/50. Everything else was straight forward, including Johnston over Henry (sorry @jonovision)

12 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, and Herdman obviously disagrees, but I'd feel more comfortable with Henry in the lineup than some (all?) of the back 3 today.

Funny, my first reaction was a quick browse through to see if Henry was in or out, and sighed in relief when I saw he was on the bench.  Not that I dislike him, I'm just very worried about him in these high pressure, one off games.

Surprised to see Piette isn't starting.  Although he doesn't have Kaye or Osorio's skill moving forward, I still feel he's been playing better than both of them in this tournament.

I guess the plan is to take the game to them instead of making sure we're solid defensively.  I would've been more conservative when we have both Laryea and Buchanan in there with the backline being our weakest piece.

For  thse of you looking for a reliable stream (especially for people outside of Canada like me) here is the link below to the Concacaf feed on youtbe, No commercials, lots of replays and relatively fair comments considering the announcers have been American and they say nothing bad about CONCACAF.