GC: Canada vs Costa Rica - Sunday, July 25th, 7pm Eastern / 4pm Pacific - Arlington TX

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I can see him saying the next time Phonzie scores... Goooalamundo!, you read it here first.  Or "Sit on It" (insert goalkeeper name here)

Every time Phonzie dribbles by someone, I'll need an "Ayyyy" and a little graphic of Wheels doing a thumbs up.

Edit: Showing some age here.

Edited by El Hombre

I have seen enough in this game to conclude that we have a very very good chance to play in Qatar.  Irrespective to what happens in the next game.  

With one small caution:    at the 2000 GC we beat T&T at the GC that year and we beat them again in a friendly in the summer at Varsity.   But then when we played them at home in September of that year,  the tables really turned massively and we were out of WCQ.  

But the flip side to that is that,  is that this time we are seeing players with individual talent standing out.    That wasn’t the case in 2000. 

Edited by Free kick

5 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Personal pet peeve of mine, I hate it when canadian commentators call it football.

Yes.   Where did this football business start in Canada.   We are not in the UK.  It’s called soccer in many more English speaking countries than football 

Edited by Free kick