Match Thread: July 21, 2021 - Pacific v Ottawa

narduch

One of the few non-Valour games I've paid attention to, and an entertaining one. Ottawa are up 2-1, but down a man and have been on the short end of a few referee decisions. Not the red card, IMO, but had a great chance whistled for a wrong offside call, and Pacific were awarded a penalty that was probably legit, but for the clear offside in the build-up. Mista frustrated with this and sent off for complaining.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

One of the few non-Valour games I've paid attention to, and an entertaining one. Ottawa are up 2-1, but down a man and have been on the short end of a few referee decisions. Not the red card, IMO, but had a great chance whistled for a wrong offside call, and Pacific were awarded a penalty that was probably legit, but for the clear offside in the build-up. Mista frustrated with this and sent off for complaining.

Who was offside in the penalty build up? Mista was very upset at the Red too. It's as dangerous a high boot as you will ever see. Incredibly dangerous play and deserved red imo. 

18 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Very true. I didn't tune in until the 17th minute (perfect timing!) so just saw the goals conceded on the replay. It's a shame Pacific's first goal resulted in a PK, that was some great work by Bustos and it would have been nice for them to be able to finish the sequence.

Bustos and Chung have such a good understanding. We saw it on the third goal too, though there are no shortage of examples this season

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Malcolm Shaw looks like a player to me. Fouls or not, that's what you'd expect to see from a striker ready to move to a higher level.

He did look like a man playing with boys...swatting away defenders.  He is coming from 3rd tier in Sweden??  

On 7/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, SthMelbRed said:

So, some moron at One Soccer decided to put together a 5+ minute highlight package of this game but didn't think it was prudent to include the pivotal moment that turned a 2-goal lead for Ottawa into a 3-goal loss? It truly boggles the mind. 🙄

I don't understand how their "highlights" editors/compilers think. I still have not been able to find any video of the red card against the keeper in the Jamaica v Costa Rica game. LOL