Match Thread: July 21, 2021 - Pacific v Ottawa

One of the few non-Valour games I've paid attention to, and an entertaining one. Ottawa are up 2-1, but down a man and have been on the short end of a few referee decisions. Not the red card, IMO, but had a great chance whistled for a wrong offside call, and Pacific were awarded a penalty that was probably legit, but for the clear offside in the build-up. Mista frustrated with this and sent off for complaining.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

One of the few non-Valour games I've paid attention to, and an entertaining one. Ottawa are up 2-1, but down a man and have been on the short end of a few referee decisions. Not the red card, IMO, but had a great chance whistled for a wrong offside call, and Pacific were awarded a penalty that was probably legit, but for the clear offside in the build-up. Mista frustrated with this and sent off for complaining.

Who was offside in the penalty build up? Mista was very upset at the Red too. It's as dangerous a high boot as you will ever see. Incredibly dangerous play and deserved red imo. 

Those two goals against are exactly why we’ve never been contenders. So many self inflicted mistakes.

Can someone explain why Ottawa fans are so mad at the ref? He looked to get all the big calls right to me

Edited by Aird25

18 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Very true. I didn't tune in until the 17th minute (perfect timing!) so just saw the goals conceded on the replay. It's a shame Pacific's first goal resulted in a PK, that was some great work by Bustos and it would have been nice for them to be able to finish the sequence.

Bustos and Chung have such a good understanding. We saw it on the third goal too, though there are no shortage of examples this season

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Malcolm Shaw looks like a player to me. Fouls or not, that's what you'd expect to see from a striker ready to move to a higher level.

He did look like a man playing with boys...swatting away defenders.  He is coming from 3rd tier in Sweden??  

On 7/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, SthMelbRed said:

So, some moron at One Soccer decided to put together a 5+ minute highlight package of this game but didn't think it was prudent to include the pivotal moment that turned a 2-goal lead for Ottawa into a 3-goal loss? It truly boggles the mind. 🙄

I don't understand how their "highlights" editors/compilers think. I still have not been able to find any video of the red card against the keeper in the Jamaica v Costa Rica game. LOL