GC: Canada vs The USA - Sunday, July 18th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Kansas City

I am not sure what to think. All in all if we think this is a good showing against the US we are setting ourselves up for pain when its Pulisic, McKennie and Dest running the show.

That said there's no intimidation factor and we have our own weapons to arrive in September.

There is no such thing as a good loss IMHO but there are some very encouranging things I took from that, a great second half and some of you who bashed Miller and Fraser so badly need to have a rethink in my book, they both created several chances by great tackles won! I think we have some injury problems up front but Can stayed eleigible and Hoilett is versatile enough to play there, a great match to watch, oh and we got another case of being CONCACAFED and rebounded nicely!  

Just now, VinceA said:

I am not sure what to think. All in all if we think this is a good showing against the US we are setting ourselves up for pain when its Pulisic, McKennie and Dest running the show.

That said there's no intimidation factor and we have our own weapons to arrive in September.

We need to do something about our slow starts. That is our major achilles heel right now.

Just now, Hawkguy said:

Disappointed by how little Corbeanu has been used. Two goals in what... 200 minutes? He's creative with the ball and quite easily our best high crosser. A legit Premier League player and we can't find room to use him as a sub. 

I thought he should have come on for one of the forwards, I couldn't think of who he would replace when we were carrying the play and Larin and Akinola were out!

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I can't. I just find them both constantly over the top embarrassing, wrong on lots of calls and just too biased. Too each their own though.

In all honesty, I don't understand the vitriol.  Does he go overboard with the Canadian homerism?  Sure.  But I much prefer that and a little emotion than someone who is just narrating what is happening.  I have eyes, I can see who has the ball.  I want to hear some emotion and some passion.

7 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I expected a 4-0 US victory so I'll take this.

Really forget about the Martinique game the US easily won , the game against Haiti they could have even lost, no way they were beating us 4-0 with that lineup .

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

That seems like an unfair take.  We are also without Davies, David, Eustaquio, Kennedy, Hutch and maybe Arfield.  Both teams are quite depleted from the A squad.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

That seems like an unfair take.  We are also without Davies, David, Eustaquio, Kennedy, Hutch and maybe Arfield.  Both teams are quite depleted from the A squad.  

This is true but this is basically the defense we're running sans Kennedy.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

There is no such thing as a good loss IMHO but there are some very encouranging things I took from that, a great second half and some of you who bashed Miller and Fraser so badly need to have a rethink in my book, they both created several chances by great tackles won! I think we have some injury problems up front but Can stayed eleigible and Hoilett is versatile enough to play there, a great match to watch, oh and we got another case of being CONCACAFED and rebounded nicely!  

well said. i'm still not seeing much from fraser but miller had a great game. 

Just now, Hawkguy said:

Disappointed by how little Corbeanu has been used. Two goals in what... 200 minutes? He's creative with the ball and quite easily our best high crosser. A legit Premier League player and we can't find room to use him as a sub. 

Agreed.  I don't know if Holiett was gassed but I would have put in Corbeanu for Laryea and put Tajon back on the left and go for it.

I'm listening to Kristian Jack right now talking about positives, but for me, the time for moral victories is over.  We need results.  This is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

That's a two way street.

David, Davies, and I'm going to insist, Arfield, and this is not what was our there tonight.  Not even close.

Lads grew into it.  Needed some punch, but they mostly managed well for most of the match.

Feeling good and so should they.

An excellent effort after a major brain fart to start the game. I know the US was able to sit back so it allowed us to own the ball, but we did look really positive without having the killer finishing touch.  Obviously the next game is huge in terms of what we accomplish this time around at the Gold Cup.  Most of the boys looked pretty good really.  Have to say wasn’t a big fan of Johnston trying to pull a Tajon instead of crossing the damn ball.