GC: Canada vs The USA - Sunday, July 18th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Kansas City

Just now, TOcanadafan said:

Seeing that foul on Laryea again I change my mind - has to be penalty.  And a red card!  Same as DeLigt in Euro… falling down and purposefully taking out player and handling ball

It's a foul by Laryea, or a penalty for chopping down Laryea, or a penalty for handball. Corner kick is not one of the reasonable options.

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Piette has been far, far better defensively.  Fraser has been a passenger out there.

Other than the soft challenge in the build up the goal Piette had a good half. I am not a Piette fan either. Fraser is horrifically slow.

Hope Ayo is ok. Miller was having a shocker until mid half. Going to be really hard to break them down but we can.

Buchanan is going to score.  Or if he doesn't, he'll do everything on the play except get the ball onto netting.

Larin has eyes in the back of his head and must be part gypsy because he sees the future before it happens.

Refs letting them play, as they say, so play.  Lads picked up on that and the half improved dramatically for the good guys.  

Lots of subs to come.  2nd half is going to be interesting.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Other than the soft challenge in the build up the goal Piette had a good half. I am not a Piette fan either. Fraser is horrifically slow.

Hope Ayo is ok. Miller was having a shocker until mid half. Going to be really hard to break them down but we can.

Agree about Fraser.  Miller had some hero challenges a la Henry but he is still scary out there for me.

1 minute ago, frmr said:

Most devices have a volume button.

Which I am using for both OneSoccer and Fox.  However, I am listening to the half time show on OneSoccer and Jack isn't doing his usual break down of the failures of that first goal.  They are just focused on the controversial Laryea-Zimmerman penalty shout.

Edited by BearcatSA

Just now, BearcatSA said:

Agree about Fraser.  Miller had some hero challenges a la Henry but he is still scary out there for me.

I’m pretty harsh on Miller but he’s made some good emergency tackles. Distribution still an eyesore but he helped calm the team after that first 15 minutes or so.

5 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Buchanan is going to score.  Or if he doesn't, he'll do everything on the play except get the ball onto netting.

Larin has eyes in the back of his head and must be part gypsy because he sees the future before it happens.

Refs letting them play, as they say, so play.  Lads picked up on that and the half improved dramatically for the good guys.  

Lots of subs to come.  2nd half is going to be interesting.

I think the result is there for the taking.  If Canada maintains possession or the next 20 minutes, Herdman makes subs to grab the match IMHO.

^^^ Yep! If your smart enough to make adjustments and the right subs, why were things so disjointed to start?  The boys really settled down and looked alot better when Akinola came off (sorry AYO).  Need to turn it up another notch with the subs in this half.

5 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Which I am using for both OneSoccer and Fox.  However, I am listening to the half time show on OneSoccer and Jack isn't doing his usual break down of the failures of that first goal.  They are just focused on the controversial Laryea-Zimmerman penalty shout.

They talked about the goal at the start of the show